Adding RasPi Later

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
jasonbsimpson
Plasticator

Adding RasPi Later

Post by jasonbsimpson »

So, I'm about to purchase a v3, and would prefer it with the RasPi, but they're sold out of those currently. If I purchase the printer without it, is it possible to just purchase the RasPi when more come in and install it later, or is it a huge pain to install it after I've already built the printer and would I be better off waiting for them to get more in stock?

Thanks,

Jason
morgandc
Printmaster!

Re: Adding RasPi Later

Post by morgandc »

Very easy to add later, you can buy the SeeMeCNC kit later and install or figure out mounts and buy it elsewhere so you can install it now.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

amazon prime... 37 dollar pi3 for sale
jasonbsimpson
Plasticator

Post by jasonbsimpson »

Awesome! Thanks a ton!
arvidj
Plasticator

Post by arvidj »

Has anyone figured out mounts yet? My reading of the forum suggest they are not just straight forward standoffs.
nohc
Prints-a-lot

Post by nohc »

You can order the standoffs from SeeMeCNC. I ordered them, used my own Pi, and wired it up to the 5v Aux on the Rambo board. Very nice setup, IMO. Oh and you need some #6 1/2in sheet metal screws. I just bought some of those from the local hardware store.

https://www.seemecnc.com/products/board ... ween-board
arvidj
Plasticator

Post by arvidj »

nohc wrote:You can order the standoffs from SeeMeCNC. I ordered them, used my own Pi, and wired it up to the 5v Aux on the Rambo board. Very nice setup, IMO. Oh and you need some #6 1/2in sheet metal screws. I just bought some of those from the local hardware store.

https://www.seemecnc.com/products/board ... ween-board
Thanks very much for the link. I had looked at all of the pictures on all of the parts pages but not read any of the detailed descriptions of those without pictures. Obviously missed them completely. Now I can order the replacement for my V2 just the way I want it.
botsauna
Noob

Post by botsauna »

I designed a printable version of the board mount http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1985636. Works very well in my V3.
vrenlos
Prints-a-lot

Post by vrenlos »

I had a printed case for my Pi3 from another project, so I just hacked apart a microUSB cable to connect to the aux5V on the RAMBO and stuffed the case on in there. Works great!

Return to “RostockMAX v3”