Very spotty prints: what can it be?

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
Toddwagner
Prints-a-lot

Very spotty prints: what can it be?

Post by Toddwagner »

I've been trying to fix this issue for weeks now to no avail. When I'm printing something fairly large, the nozzle is hitting the bed between the y and z towers, stopping extrusion. I've calibrated my machine with the delta wizard at least 20 times and it still happens every time. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!
Attachments
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
Gdot
Printmaster!

Re: Very spotty prints: what can it be?

Post by Gdot »

I have the exact opposite issue where my extruder rides too high between the towers. No matter how many times I ran the delta calibration wizard I could not get below a .11 deviation. After many many hours, I finally unwired (cut the wires so I would not have to completely disassemble) and found the insulator bed underneath was badly warped. I just ordered a replacement tonight. Just a thought.
Gdot
Printmaster!

Post by Gdot »

Something else I just thought of, in your pictures, the glass bed seems to sit too high. I believe the blocks that hold the bed up should be short side down.
Toddwagner
Prints-a-lot

Post by Toddwagner »

Gdot wrote:Something else I just thought of, in your pictures, the glass bed seems to sit too high. I believe the blocks that hold the bed up should be short side down.
I tried both ways and the same thing is happening... Do you think the warped insulator bed would really affect the glass too?
djarmag
Printmaster!

Post by djarmag »

After you do delta cal, do g29 and try again. If it's still bad I would suspect extruder needs calibration or endstops
Toddwagner
Prints-a-lot

Post by Toddwagner »

djarmag wrote:After you do delta cal, do g29 and try again. If it's still bad I would suspect extruder needs calibration or endstops
Hey djarmag, how would I go about extruder calibration? Also what do you mean by endstops? Adjusting them? I'm fairly certain it is not my bed because I have rotated it in a full 360 degrees in 60 degree increments doing a calibration at each increment; but still hitting the bed in the same place.....

Return to “RostockMAX v3”