Bed Seems to be Warped (Or it could be the towers idk)

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
MrWiggum
Plasticator

Bed Seems to be Warped (Or it could be the towers idk)

Post by MrWiggum »

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to 3d printing. I have been printing for the last couple months to some pretty good prints but lately something has been wrong.

I dont have pictures at this time but i will as soon as i can but my bed seems to be warped or the towers are not aligned or something. The center of the bed is leveled which also includes a portion of the left side of the bed (between Z and X). Once it gets closer to the edge of the Z and X side of the bed, the problem happens. Now the problem is all over the bottom part of the bed (between X and Y) and the right side (Between Z and Y)

The problem i am talking about seems to be the nozzle moving higher off the bed when moving across the bed. For example where the bed is correct in the center of the bed the nozzle is perfect, calibrated, and the filament stick perfectly to the bed. Once it starts moving towards the problems sides the nozzle seems to go up just a bit (a tiny bit) but enough to make the filament now not stick to the bed and cause a whole set up problems.

I dont know if its the bed warped or the towers causing the problems. Can someone please help?

I have Rostock Max V3, all standard equipment
i built it myself
the prints were fine before, sticking to the bed
I've run calibration g29 and the calibration script.
I have yet to run the delta wizard (kind of confused on how to run it)

Please any help is appreciated.

Thank You
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Bed Seems to be Warped (Or it could be the towers idk)

Post by geneb »

I highly recommend using the delta wizard on SeeMeCNC's page. It will help your calibration quite a bit.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
MrWiggum
Plasticator

Post by MrWiggum »

i was afraid that it was that easy. I will attempt the Delta Calibration Wizard and see if that helps.

Is there a reason why it started happening. I understand that parts tend to unscrew, things wear out and everything needs to be re-calibrated. It seemed to have happened over night
MrWiggum
Plasticator

Post by MrWiggum »

Ugh

i feel so stupid, it worked.

When i first built my printer, I didnt really understand the delta calibration wizard. After a couple months of working on the printer, calibrating a different way, and constant maintenance, i can say that i finally understand the delta calibration wizard. It was pretty easy and fixed my problem

Thank You
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

It could be a number of things. Humidity, or a piece of debris getting under the bed, or even just bumping or bending something slightly.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Don't feel stupid. EVERYONE makes mistakes in 3D printing. When I started in late 2012, I had all the skill and poise of a giraffe falling down a flight of stairs. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “RostockMAX v3”