delta h2 lcd display shows blank, little white squares...

An affordable delta DIY kit made with high quality electronics/parts/hardware
magicmarc
Printmaster!

delta h2 lcd display shows blank, little white squares...

Post by magicmarc »

Hi,
thanks for all the assistance here.
i just completed building the delta h2 series, first time building a 3d printer, i hadnt soldered in years...

when i power on the unit the lcd display just goes to little white squares, like blank. ive attached a picture...
any possible first thing wrong i did this may point to?

also notice matter control does not connect to my printer... i asusme its partly due to the fact that something is wrong, the lcd screen isnt even showing its boot up content.

also, just in general, once i do get this printer fixed, how do i learn ? are there steps, manuals...
i took a pic of the mini-rambo board as i have it wired up, thus, ya'll who know exactly how it wires up, will know if i did it correctly...?
thanks all
Last edited by magicmarc on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: delta h2 lcd display shows blank, little white squares...

Post by Xenocrates »

First thing: the white squares may be because the firmware is improperly loaded, because the connectors are reversed to the LCD, or because of a contrast issue. With mattercontrol not connecting, I would erase and reload the firmware as a first step. Once that's done, check to see if MC connects without the LCD attached. After those bits are working, I would try first reconnecting the LCD exactly as it was before, and see if that helps. Beyond that, try screwing in and out the contrast knob, and see if you get any characters ghosting in or not. If not, change the LCD cabling until it works.

As for a picture of the mini Rambo, we likely can help, but aren't certain to be able to do it immediately, and can't try without the picture which you haven't currently posted.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Post by magicmarc »

thank you, can you point me to where to get the latest firmware download, and what program do i need in order to reload the firmware (delete the current, upload a new one)
thanks again. with this support community i think i can get this working! im 'ehhh' with 3d skills, just starting out with this DIY ,thus i dont know the tools as yet.
(but have done arduino, mbots, and built computers before...)
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

The very latest firmware can be found on Seemecnc's github, here. You'll need to use the Arduino IDE to wipe the old firmware (Clear eeprom sketch), then configure and load the new firmware (Select the proper printer number for your H2 then upload).
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Post by magicmarc »

thank you again, i got the github from seemecnc support folks, and ill do this tonight!
in the arduino program, do i need to customize the arduino (add the url for the board to the preferences, and then select the board in the 'board manager'?

that puts me on the right track, getting the system booted up properly...
thank you for your support and assistance, as im sure ill have more questions as i embark on this learning.
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

No, you should be able to just use the Mega's profile.
Machines:
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Post by magicmarc »

Xeno...
THANK YOU, im up and running. b/w you and the guys at seemecnc, im up and running. apparently i built it right, i cleared the eepromn, uploaded the latest firmware for the h2, calibrated it, fine calibrated it and connected with matter control, and did the first test print cube/box!
now i need to learn about this thing, and cura, and how to design items that i have pictured in my head!
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

You're very welcome. It's that last one that's the hard part.
Machines:
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Hacker Series - H2”