V3.2 Carbon Fiber Rod upgrade

This forum is for discussions specific to the Duet-equipped RostockMAX v3.2 3D printer.
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

V3.2 Carbon Fiber Rod upgrade

Post by cloneit3d »

I just added the carbon rods to my V3.2, along with the aluminum ball joints and despite updated the rod length in config.g I can't get the hot end from severely crashing into the bed. Maybe the homed height has to be adjusted? To maybe 350.56 instead of 400?

Here is what my config.g file looks - one line I adjusted-

M665 R144 L340.5 B135 H400 X0 Y0 Z0 ; delta radius, diagonal rod length, printable radius and homed height
; Y X Z are tower angle offsets

From the Carbon Fiber part this note is at the bottom of the page-
Note: The configuration file (Duet config.g) must be updated with the proper diagonal rod length.

I cannot seem to find anything on the site that tells me what I am doing wrong. I am sure it is something very obvious. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tim
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: V3.2 Carbon Fiber Rod upgrade

Post by geneb »

Did you delete config-override.g? You need to do that and then re-run first calibration. (If you created a bed map, delete and re-create that as well.)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

As well as deleting config-override.g, increase the dive height (H parameter in the M558 command) to e.g. 30 until you have it calibrated. That allows more tolerance for the homed height and delta radius not being set accurately. Changing the rod length will have changed the homed height.
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

For Artemis, I ended up modifying the printer height instead of the dive height for Z probe. the Artemis gains about 10mm in Z with this new arms.
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

Thanks for all of the tips- I started with all new firmware and made two modification to config.g
Diagonal road length was changed to 340.5 and the home height was changed to 350.56.

M665 R144 L340.5 B135 H350.56 X0 Y0 Z0 ; delta radius, diagonal rod length, printable radius and homed height
; Y X Z are tower angle offsets
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Yes, I forgot to mention, but the height has to be modified as well, otherwise the nozzle falls short to touch the bed.

Just one question, are this values for the Artemis? I'm curious because mine has different values for Delta radius (R=150) and printable radius (B=145).
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

artexmg wrote:Yes, I forgot to mention, but the height has to be modified as well, otherwise the nozzle falls short to touch the bed.

Just one question, are this values for the Artemis? I'm curious because mine has different values for Delta radius (R=150) and printable radius (B=145).
Oh, never mind, this is V3.2 :-)
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The carbon fiber arms work on both the v3.2 (or 3!) and the Artemis.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Yes, they're working fine in my Artemis. My mistake was to think that the Delta Radius and Printable Radius cloneit3d mentioned were for Artemis, while he was talking about a V3.2.
Horvaticus
Plasticator

Post by Horvaticus »

Just wanted to chime in here - what are the advantages of a carbon fiber arm? Some musings on Sublime Layers informs me that backlash is reduced, sounds like it increases quality when printing at higher speeds?
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Haven't been in the forum for a while, just seeing your post, sorry about that!

I have increased quality of prints in general, I do not go over 55-60 mm/s

Return to “RostockMAX v3.2”