V3 to 3.2 : DUET v. SMCNC connectors?

This forum is for discussions specific to the Duet-equipped RostockMAX v3.2 3D printer.
nurbie
Printmaster!

V3 to 3.2 : DUET v. SMCNC connectors?

Post by nurbie »

SMCNC sold out on DUETs so I shopped elsewhere.
DUET connectors are warned against in V3.2 assembly walkthrough:
When inserting the wires in the white Molex KK connectors, make sure you're using the connectors we sent you in the kit, NOT the ones included in the Duet box!

I'm guessing this is because of the different lock tabs on the connector inserts(wire ends)?
Any other reason why the connector warning is there?

If no SMCNC-DUET kit then clip the crimped ends off/go with the DUET kit parts, correct?

Looks like the stepper connectors that fit the V3 RAMBo will work with the DUET(no locks/nice and tight!)

If unnecessary, stop me before I chop it all up! :shock:
nurbie
Printmaster!

Re: V3 to 3.2 : DUET v. SMCNC connectors?

Post by nurbie »

Nevermind.
Made up new connectors with Duet supplies.

Couldn't pull post...
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: V3 to 3.2 : DUET v. SMCNC connectors?

Post by dc42 »

nurbie wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm SMCNC sold out on DUETs so I shopped elsewhere.
DUET connectors are warned against in V3.2 assembly walkthrough:
When inserting the wires in the white Molex KK connectors, make sure you're using the connectors we sent you in the kit, NOT the ones included in the Duet box!

I'm guessing this is because of the different lock tabs on the connector inserts(wire ends)?
Any other reason why the connector warning is there?

If no SMCNC-DUET kit then clip the crimped ends off/go with the DUET kit parts, correct?

Looks like the stepper connectors that fit the V3 RAMBo will work with the DUET(no locks/nice and tight!)

If unnecessary, stop me before I chop it all up! :shock:
The crimps and shells supplied with the Duet are made by Wurth Electronics. There are some very small dimensional differences between Wurth and Molex parts, which means that Wurth crimps won't lock into Molex shells. I'm guessing that the advice from SeeMeCNC is for a similar reason.

Return to “RostockMAX v3.2”