Extruder goes bezirk

Talk about KISSlicer software here (http://kisslicer.com)
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Extruder goes bezirk

Post by DeltaCon »

I have been having an odd problem with KISS:

https://goo.gl/photos/PgnGhEWcTMeDt46E6

This was noticed just after a conversion from Rambo to Duet. So firstly I though of some firmware option that was beyond my EZ Struder. But then I sliced the same testcube with slic3r, and that just went fine. So now I am confused wheter to search for this problem in the firmware or in the KISS settings. When I started experimenting with KISS I load Michael's profiles I found here in the forums. So I deceded to reload them all, but it made no difference. So maybe it is some setting depending on both the slicer AND the firmware?

This is the piece out of my config.g about speeds and positioning:

Code: Select all

M201 X1000 Y1000 Z1000 E1000		; Accelerations (mm/s^2) Set all E-motors the same
M203 X20000 Y20000 Z20000 E3600		; Maximum speeds (mm/min) Set all E-motors the same
M566 X1200 Y1200 Z1200 E1200		; Maximum instant speed changes mm/minute. Set all E-motors the same
M92 X80 Y80 Z80				; Set axis steps/mm
M92 E90.769:663:663:663:663		; Set extruder steps per mm explicitly for all the extruders - 5 for Duet085+Dt4 test
G21                                 	; Work in millimetres
G90                                 	; Send absolute coordinates...
M83                                 	; ...but relative extruder moves
These are all default values, except for the E steps/mm that I calibrated and word perfectly while extruding through machine-control in the GUI.
Attached are the 2 gcode files I used. Maybe someone can think of some clarification? Thanks!
20mm_calibration_cube_Slic3r.gcode
(269.5 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
20mm_calibration_cube_KISS.gcode
(474.32 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Extruder goes bezirk

Post by IMBoring25 »

Your config.g calls for relative extruder moves. You're slicing both slicers in absolute extruder moves. Slic3r works because it passes the command to configure absolute extruder moves first. KISS didn't.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Ah, would have taken me a lot of time to figure out for my selve. Thanks! Is there something to say about a preference for relative vs absolute extruder moves? DC42 sets relative as a default.
So I have to set Kiss to relative (printer settings I presume?) or the config.g to absolute...
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Personally, I've not seen a compelling case for absolute. It would take a whole lot of extrusion between G92s before you'd lose a meaningful amount of floating point precision, but relative is easier to read and interpret by hand and I don't think it makes much difference to the machine.

Return to “KISSlicer”