Introduce yourself to the community!
djarmag
Printmaster!

Post by djarmag »

Hi all,
My name is Brian and I and diving head first in this 3D printing field. I find it a passion to fabricate things since I have been in the electronics repair field for over 10 years (F16 avionics, radio amplifiers, transportation) so making custom pieces for jigs and fixtures is a must for me. I have plenty of hobbies like woodworking, metalworking, car audio and repair, cosplay, so it's only natural to purchase a 3D printer to expand my horizons.

I started with a Micro3D printer last year and wasn't satisfied with it at all. Almost purchased a Rostock V2 until I researched the V3 was in the making so I held out. Glad I did because after assembling this kit, it blew my mind! I was amazed the speed, accuracy, and quick calibration to get it started.

I am running into issues though mainly with OctoPrint. I have it setup but my first test print showed I need to setup my slic3r profiles. I couldn't find a real step by step guide of Octoprint, it seems I have to jump here and there a lot so if possible, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Re: Newbie

Post by Dale Eason »

I have the same issue. It is hard to find out how to setup the Cura profile. I never did figure it out. However I instead slice on my main computer and send gcode files to the OctoPrint program and those will then print.

Dale

Return to “New Member introduction”