First Dry run today! Went well.

Introduce yourself to the community!
BaknTime
Plasticator

First Dry run today! Went well.

Post by BaknTime »

Everything went smoothly but I really need a new set of crimps. LOL
I think I'm going to like my Rostock Max.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: First Dry run today! Went well.

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Glad you got it moving. Welcome to the forum!

Was it a dry run because you don't have any filament or because you need to dial in the geometry still?

Good luck either way. Make sure to post your first print!
BaknTime
Plasticator

Post by BaknTime »

I dialed in the geometry but I'm going to run a while, then adjust the belts again with my handy dandy weighted fork thingy/ adjust the carriage cams again and re calibrate before I do some test prints,
foshon
Printmaster!

Post by foshon »

ppp
Purple = sarcasm

Please do a board search before posting your question, many have been answered with very time consuming detail already.
kbob
Printmaster!

Post by kbob »

What is the handy dandy weighted fork thingy?
BaknTime
Plasticator

Post by BaknTime »

I didn't have any questions so I didn't bother doing a board search like the fat guy suggested. I think he fancies himself the print master or something like that. Wonder if he even reads the posts !
BaknTime
Plasticator

Post by BaknTime »

The fork thingy? Ya know how funky it is to pry up both sides of the belt tensioner at the same time while trying to tighten it with your third hand?
I printed a tuning fork with a hole in the handle to measure the optimum tension and hung fishing sinkers on it so both hands are free to snug it up. The tension will always be the same if you always use the same no. of sinkers. Keeps it nice and level too.
foshon
Printmaster!

Post by foshon »

Is the Delorean still running? I have some fuel for the Mr.Fusion unit if you need some.
Purple = sarcasm

Please do a board search before posting your question, many have been answered with very time consuming detail already.
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

BaknTime wrote:I didn't have any questions so I didn't bother doing a board search like the fat guy suggested. I think he fancies himself the print master or something like that. Wonder if he even reads the posts !
Ow.
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

BaknTime wrote:The fork thingy? Ya know how funky it is to pry up both sides of the belt tensioner at the same time while trying to tighten it with your third hand?
I printed a tuning fork with a hole in the handle to measure the optimum tension and hung fishing sinkers on it so both hands are free to snug it up. The tension will always be the same if you always use the same no. of sinkers. Keeps it nice and level too.
Curious. How much weight?
BaknTime
Plasticator

Post by BaknTime »

Two oz. seems to work well. As the belts stretch two oz. will give you the same tension as you had originally us no guess work. 20 mm test cube went ok. Then like a fool I tried those Windsor chairs by prettysmallthings and ended up with stools. I have to work on my bridging. The Iphone is coming along nicely. If you have any suggestions on the Windsor chairs I'm all ears.
BaknTime
Plasticator

Delorean

Post by BaknTime »

I almost forgot I don't have a Delorean . I have a Z3 with a very nice VF Supercharger from California. Those boys at Vf are pretty good. They have Solidworks and everything!
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

BaknTime wrote:Two oz. seems to work well. As the belts stretch two oz. will give you the same tension as you had originally us no guess work. 20 mm test cube went ok. Then like a fool I tried those Windsor chairs by prettysmallthings and ended up with stools. I have to work on my bridging. The Iphone is coming along nicely. If you have any suggestions on the Windsor chairs I'm all ears.
Got a photo of the midget stools?

Try bridges...

Also, are your prints working with iphone cases? I had edge curl until I tried mickey mouse ears (.25 circles at each corner.) I then tried a glue stick and that worked just as well.

Do the Z3's still understeer or did they solve it? I looked at buying one a long time ago and ended up with a TT. Had massive problems with the drivetrain vibrating. Today, I drove a client's 2013 Panamera. Strange to drive a 4-door with so much pickup and great handling. Funny, he said "Hey, I've got to do this meeting, if you want to go take a break and get coffee, here are the keys"... Mmmmok. "If you can be back in an hour, that would be great." Mmmmok...first time with a paddle shift. Heaven.
Attachments
1049082_10200631026752362_620129133_o.jpg
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Ahh, yes. "Flappy paddle gearbox" :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
foshon
Printmaster!

Post by foshon »

BaknTime wrote:I didn't have any questions so I didn't bother doing a board search like the fat guy suggested. I think he fancies himself the print master or something like that. Wonder if he even reads the posts !

I don't fancy myself anything. Those tags are automatically applied, if you’d been here a week before trying to insulting me you MAY have realized that.
Purple = sarcasm

Capt Jack
Printmaster!

Post by Capt Jack »

foshon wrote:I don't fancy myself anything. Those tags are automatically applied, if you’d been here a week before trying to insulting me you MAY have realized that.
I'm giving this reply a virtual "Like". :D
~Capt. Jack~
BaknTime
Plasticator

Understeer

Post by BaknTime »

Z3 goes where it's told too! It had a collapsed strut when I bought it so i put in sport suspension and it seems to drive well. I have a slap stick no paddles. I'll probably have to sell it so I can afford enough ABS to get the perfect print though. lol I didn't have any edge curl. I printed on the glass with a little abs slurry made from my failed Windsor chairs. I'll be glad to make some more stools if you still want a picture. The Rostock Iv'e found to be very precise it's my lack of experience with Repetier. I will take this hill though! Prints aren't bad but I'll fix one issue and find another and so it goes. I realize the "Welcome" was auto generated and didn't mean to offend. Maybe we could edit the "Welcome" message so it is less confrontational and still get the message across! I'm sure you get tired of hearing the same old questions .
I haven't asked any yet but when I do it will probably be very profound. You'll be proud of me.
foshon
Printmaster!

Post by foshon »

It's not a welcome message, it's my sig. Stick around a bit and you too will see the same questions asked ad nauseam. I believe John is working on a much more comprehensive welcome message that, once in place, should put together a "FAQ" of sorts to help the new folks. Until then my sig is just a suggestion to help people along, sorry you found it offensive.
Purple = sarcasm

BaknTime
Plasticator

Post by BaknTime »

Ok I gotcha. Hey i made you a new set of stools with backs on them. Not perfect yet so don't sit down but I'm getting there thanks for the help.

Return to “New Member introduction”