Jason from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Introduce yourself to the community!
NR0X
Plasticator

Jason from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post by NR0X »

Just built my Rostock Max V2 and powered it up for the first time. It became self aware at 2:14 AM Eastern time and may or may not have launched an attack against a local Starbucks. I enjoy making things And breaking things, so hopefully I will fit in here pretty well.

Jason
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Jason from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post by Xenocrates »

Of course it launched an attack on the local starbucks. Waking up at 2 AM is terrible no matter why you did it. Doing it for the first time would lead to a hella strong need for coffee.

Welcome to the forums, and hopefully once it's hunger for caffeine (and possibly the blood of the innocent*) is sated, your printer performs well. Glad it went together without major problems. If any come up, feel free to let us know and ask for help.

not liable for any damage to local orphanages, orphans, hamsters, chickens, or children. Do not feed after midnight, if it begins to hover or glow, take cover behind the nearest available concrete or leaded wall. Do not immerse in water. Not compatible with Microsoft Bob, ME, or DOS.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. Thanks for purchasing the Rostock Max V2.
It is great that your printer became self aware and ready to print. We'd love to see a picture of it!
If you ever have a problem write us a message on this forum and we will help you the best we can.
Happy Printing!

NR0X wrote:Just built my Rostock Max V2 and powered it up for the first time. It became self aware at 2:14 AM Eastern time and may or may not have launched an attack against a local Starbucks. I enjoy making things And breaking things, so hopefully I will fit in here pretty well.

Jason
NR0X
Plasticator

Post by NR0X »

No major problems is the scary part. Something should have gone wrong by now! Right now she looks pretty stock standard, but I already have a half dozen ideas to pretty her up a bit. I'll post pictures then.

Jason

PS, thanks for the warm welcome!
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

You'll have to use it to make a traffic cam blocking licence plate holder ;)
NR0X
Plasticator

Post by NR0X »

JFettig wrote:You'll have to use it to make a traffic cam blocking licence plate holder ;)
How did you know?!?! hehe
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

NR0X wrote:
JFettig wrote:You'll have to use it to make a traffic cam blocking licence plate holder ;)
I got a ticket last time I was through, I contested it by mail and they didn't even argue. Good thing DOT is telling them to remove them and they are being used illegally!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

JFettig wrote:
NR0X wrote:
I got a ticket last time I was through, I contested it by mail and they didn't even argue. Good thing DOT is telling them to remove them and they are being used illegally!
I want to print one for my license plate holder! Is there an STL floating around?
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

myth busters as proved that they don't work in the winter just don't wash them
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
I want to print one for my license plate holder! Is there an STL floating around?

I made it up, Cedar Rapids is the speedcam capitol of the world. They gross a few million dollars per year in unconstitutional speed traps.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

JFettig wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:

I made it up, Cedar Rapids is the speedcam capitol of the world. They gross a few million dollars per year in unconstitutional speed traps.
Imagine how much more they can make if they pass a law that everyone must wear a license plate size ID number when out in the public so that they can
install new cameras up higher pointed down to fine j-walkers, public alcohol drinkers, littering, etc. Anyone caught not wearing the ID while in public is subject to a $500 fine.

Sounds laughable but I think that it is the direction we are headed.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
JFettig wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:

Imagine how much more they can make if they pass a law that everyone must wear a license plate size ID number when out in the public so that they can
install new cameras up higher pointed down to fine j-walkers, public alcohol drinkers, littering, etc. Anyone caught not wearing the ID while in public is subject to a $500 fine.

Sounds laughable but I think that it is the direction we are headed.

Yeah, but it's going to be tracker chips just like dogs and cats. Already been in the movies, likely start before the end of the year!
NR0X
Plasticator

Post by NR0X »

Yea, those things suck. But the trick is that it is like a civilian company working for the city that sends you the bill. it isn't actually a legit scheduled violation. Last I heard the cameras were like 14% of the city budget or something like that. Mine generally get filed in the circular filing cabinet under my desk!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I did not think of the chip, but you are right, that is the direction they will head.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

They already track your cellphone,,,,,,
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2

Return to “New Member introduction”