Hello From Maine!

Introduce yourself to the community!
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Hello From Maine!

Post by cloneit3d »

I just ordered the Rostock Max and I am looking forward to putting it together. I also ordered an E3D V6 hotend which I will put on the machine at some point after the initial build. I used my current printer to print the fan shrouds out of ABS yesterday.

I had a Printrbot Simple that I put together as a kit and sold to a friend of mine. Building and setting up the Prinrbot helped me finish a home built machine that uses an OrdBot Hadron frame. I run that printer with a Smoothie Board now, a printrbot extruder, an E3D V6 hotend, I have an LCD on it, and a custom glass bed that uses a silicone mat heater that heats up fast and runs on 12V. I have a small CNC table top mill I use to make aluminum parts when needed and I designed a plasma table which I use a Hypertherm 45 on to cut steel. It is an X-Y machine with a manual Z setting. I really enjoy working with machines. I run Mach3 on my CNC and my Plasma table and I am using Cura on my printer I run now, I have used Repettier and I am looking forward to using MatterControl on this new printer.

I designed an RJ45 cable lock, that I print, and sell to the company I work for since we were not able to find one on the open market that worked for our application in our retail stores. So this new printer will be a business write off.

Enough of all this about me- I look forward to talking with you all!!!!!!!
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Re: Hello From Maine!

Post by cloneit3d »

Looks like I will be getting the V3 machine. Customer service was kind enough to cancel the order I placed Saturday. They expect to have the machine up on the website by the end of this week/next and be shipping orders by 9/5 pending any unforeseen delays. They said they biggest changes are a quicker assembly time and the accelerometer hot end probe like the Eris uses.

I am very impressed with the customer service!!!!!!!

Cheers!! :D
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Very cool to hear about a confirmed release date for the V3, as well as knowing that one of the first few units will be going to someone who has some other cool toys and can hopefully wring the most from it.

Best of luck, and don't skimp on pictures of both the V3, and the rest of your machines.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
sLpFhaWK
Printmaster!

Post by sLpFhaWK »

I am getting my printer shipped tomorrow, I ordered a partially assembled kit from a user that never had the time to finish it, so I'm sad I didn't order new to get the v3, but supposedly Part Daddy replied to my welcome post and said they might be offering v3 upgrade kits a couple weeks after launch.. I REALLY would like to see the assembly process and how much they can speed it up..
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

so I just did a search on the see me cnc website on V3 and they are getting the pages ready to publish and have a pre-order option that is not ready yet but has a start shipping date of 9/6.... I can't wait to officially place my pre-order!!!!
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

We are all getting excited, the V3 is getting closer to reality! HOORAY!!
I have to quit picking on Gene so he can get the manual finished for the V3.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

I just placed my pre-order for the Rostock Max v3 - very excited!!!
Prtrbot Simple Metal

Return to “New Member introduction”