And greetings from Los Angeles!

Introduce yourself to the community!
Or1g1nal1ty
Plasticator

And greetings from Los Angeles!

Post by Or1g1nal1ty »

So, hello everyone! I've gotten into the whole 3D printing thing over the last year as an outlet for my artsy side. My first 3d printer was a Micro3d and that went as well as you have heard it goes. But the tinkering and trying to fix it somehow got in my brain and now i love the hobby. However I've NEVER considered spending over 400 bucks on a printer. Until the Max v3 hit. And I just couldn't help myself. And of course I bought the one I have to assemble.

I'll be posting many newbie questions, as I have a super tough time remembering things in general, but I hope to be at least an entertaining failure of the community :lol:
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: And greetings from Los Angeles!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Welcome to the Forum Or1g1nal1ty and thanks for buying the Rostock Max V3, you are going to love it.
We will certainly be here to help you out if needed but I doubt that you will be an entertaining failure, the
Max V3 is a lot simpler to assemble than the versions that came before it.
Happy anticipating while you wait for your printer to arrive. :)
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Hey. Feel free to ask questions. We all start somewhere. If you heard some of the general CNC questions I've asked over time, you'd be surprised I've gotten far enough to be teaching the person who I asked those questions things. Don't worry too much about failing at the V3. It's a new kit, and we can blame any glitches on those teething troubles. And if you're an artsy type, that's good, cause some of us aren't great at that (Me included), but can do some whizbang tricks hardware wise or will happily research modifications for you, be it bus-bars to zebra-plate, and everything in between.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Or1g1nal1ty
Plasticator

Post by Or1g1nal1ty »

Great to hear! I'm hoping to use it less to build mechs and gadgets and much more for jewelry and statues. If it turns out i'll definitely share some of them. :)

I also over-excitedly purchased enough random materials to build things I have no business doing yet. So expect many questions :)

And just to confirm, I got the Pi addition so it should work far away from a hardwired connection?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

If the Pi version you purchased is the WIFI version and if you have WIFI in your home that extends to where you place
your printer then you will not need a hard wired connection at that location.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
h4lt
Plasticator

Post by h4lt »

Welcome!

I am also new to the 3d printing scene and just bought a v3. I'm about half way through the build and I will say that it is a tedious process but the instructions that the they have on the website are very straight forward and easy to follow. One tip, when you get to point when you are putting the PTFE Tubing on the Thermistor don't push PTFE tubing too hard against the glass ball b/c it pops off pretty easily. I know they warn you in the steps, but I know of two people this week that have made this mistake. Luckily I have a good friend that warned me before I got to that part :)

Have fun with the build!

Return to “New Member introduction”