Greetings from Chicago

Introduce yourself to the community!
ivanhandler
Printmaster!

Greetings from Chicago

Post by ivanhandler »

Just got my Rostock Max v3 last Friday. Made some mistakes which ruined my HE280, bummer. Now got the new one up and running and am printing some tests to see the best temperature to print at. Next, need to play with the retraction settings to see what I can do about stringing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Greetings from Chicago

Post by mhackney »

Welcome aboard. Lots of good info in the links in my signature - start there. With the HE280 NEVER use more than 2mm retraction or you will ultimately plug the hot end - which is a chore to clean out. You don't mention what filament you are using but I''d guess PLA given the mention of stringing. My link has recommendations for minimizing stringing. Start with extrusion temperature - you want to start as low as possible.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Penged
Printmaster!

Re: Greetings from Chicago

Post by Penged »

Welcome aboard. I live in the south suburbs. It's nice to see I'm not the only one in the Chicago area with a MAX. Perhaps we could get together and compare notes. I would also recommend attending MRRF. The experience is not to be missed.
V2 max with the HE280 hotend

Return to “New Member introduction”