Hey from VA

Introduce yourself to the community!
jrkortze
Noob

Hey from VA

Post by jrkortze »

Just purchased an Artemis 300 RTP for work, I'm completely new to 3D printing but trying to learn fast.
I did a clean install of Cura per SeeMeCNC's directions, and have printed one Benchy that had a lot of stringing, so now I'm running through some retraction test prints I got from All3DP, trying to clean things up a bit.

I'm looking forward to getting this thing dialed in and start cranking stuff out!

I'm also on the FB page. Helpful group there, so far.

-Jim
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hey from VA

Post by geneb »

Jim, the stringing could be that you're printing the filament too hot - what material are you using? Are you slicing with one of SeeMeCNC's Cura profiles?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
CreatorGirl13
Noob

Post by CreatorGirl13 »

Did you figure it out?
jrkortze
Noob

Post by jrkortze »

Hey guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner. Forgot my password and just got back into the board today.

No, I never really did figure it out. I was using SeeMeCNC's Artemis profile they provide, and just not getting great results. I ended up getting rid of it and using a stock Cura profile and tweaking stuff to make it a bit better, and the results are acceptable for what I'm doing right now, but there's a lot of room for improvement. In general, I think the quality of the printer has underperformed a bit for the price, and being billed as a "ready to print" printer.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

" In general, I think the quality of the printer has underperformed a bit for the price, and being billed as a "ready to print" printer."

Like anything else, you are expected to have some experience. Most of us here built our printers from a kit, so yeah, the Artemis is "Ready to Print". If you truly wanted to have foolproof prints (if there is such a thing), you would have buy a printer from a company that used proprietary software, and filament.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
jrkortze
Noob

Post by jrkortze »

Mac The Knife wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 am " In general, I think the quality of the printer has underperformed a bit for the price, and being billed as a "ready to print" printer."

Like anything else, you are expected to have some experience. Most of us here built our printers from a kit, so yeah, the Artemis is "Ready to Print". If you truly wanted to have foolproof prints (if there is such a thing), you would have buy a printer from a company that used proprietary software, and filament.
While I completely understand that, and I am a novice so I am taking my lumps as I go, if I could do it over again, I would have still bought a SeeMeCNC printer, I don't regret that, but I would have purchased a kit and built it myself. Not only would I have saved money, but I'd know the printer inside and out, rather than it being an unknown black box, and I would be in a much better position to troubleshoot things. The main value (so I thought) in spending the extra cash on the RTP was to not tinker with it.

That said, I am combing this forum, the facebook page, and am looking forward to sorting it all out. And if I find useful stuff that I can post for future novices like myself, then I will do so.

Return to “New Member introduction”