Hello from New Hampshire!

Introduce yourself to the community!
myrandr
Plasticator

Hello from New Hampshire!

Post by myrandr »

I can't express how excited I am to be a member of the community.

I just received my Rostock Max V4 yesterday (4/17/2020). I purchased a pre-assembled model - primarily because I needed to be up and printing ASAP.

The Rostock is a model I have viewed from afar, never thinking I would actually have a reason, justification to purchase. I have been printing with a Qidi Tech 1 for about 3 years and it's a great, reliable machine...but have always wanted something more - more advanced, nicer build, larger build capacity and something I could rely upon.

For the past 4 weeks, I have been churning out PPE prints for my area. It has given me a way to give back and support those who put themselves in harm's way while doing something I love. So in comes my Rostock. I decided instead of making financial donations, volunteering where I may put myself in danger, I would bring in another printer and crank out more PPE "things" for the community. (And I apologize if this sounds like self-promotion, it's not, just telling my story and why I decided a Rostock was for me).

SeemeCNC was great to work with, Steve was able to get my printer out the door and to mine within less than a week. I have started printing already and it will be making a difference to someone on the front lines immediately! My first delivery of Ear Savers (I know, sounds trivial, but the response I get from nurses that get these is beyond joy, it's like you have given them hope with the simplest of things) will be in the hands of medical personal by Monday! I started with these on the Rostock since they are simple PLA and I am not sure how well this beautiful beast will handle PETG yet, I need to figure out the settings and bed as I have had no luck printing directly on glass without destroying it.

Thank you for reading my long-winded back story and how I was able to justify purchasing this amazing machine. :-) I am truly excited to be part of this community and the SeemeCNC family.

Best to all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy wherever you may reside.

~Chris
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello from New Hampshire!

Post by geneb »

\o/
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “New Member introduction”