Greetings for Texas

Introduce yourself to the community!
artexmg
Printmaster!

Greetings for Texas

Post by artexmg »

Hi there!

I got the 3D printing fever past February and bought myself a Rostock Max (acrylic kit, very neat!). However, I had to put it aside for several months incomplete (sight!).

Finally, a month ago I finished it and, after a stepped learning curve, I finally produced my first printing ... this is SO AMAZING!

I just wanted to say hello to this great community, I'd been reading all the info collected here; without that, I would be in the total darkness yet. Not that I'm in the bright side now, but at least I can see that there is a light at the end of a looooooong tunnel ahead :-)

By the way, thanks to Gene for the Assembly Guide (I started building with his version 1 and finished using the edition 2). I welcomed a lot the approach of using a yardstick for setting the height, it was an incredible help!

Happy printing!

Art
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Re: Greetings for Texas

Post by CJGerard »

Hi Artexmg!

Welcome to the forums! I wanted the Acrylic kit really bad, but they discontinued them by the time I bought mine. They look totally sweet and i could just just imagine what they would look like with LEDs strategically placed around them.
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
Boss 2 - "Huh? Chris is a Ninja?"
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

CJGerard wrote:Hi Artexmg!

Welcome to the forums! I wanted the Acrylic kit really bad, but they discontinued them by the time I bought mine. They look totally sweet and i could just just imagine what they would look like with LEDs strategically placed around them.
Never tought about the LEDs ... humm ... now I'm thinking! :-)
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

CJGerard wrote:I wanted the Acrylic kit really bad, but they discontinued them by the time I bought mine. They look totally sweet and i could just just imagine what they would look like with LEDs strategically placed around them.
Apparently lasercutting acrylic puts off some pretty nasty fumes, and there's spatter that damages laser lenses and mirrors. I understand why they stopped cutting them, but I agree that it would look sweet!
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Jimustanguitar wrote:
CJGerard wrote:I wanted the Acrylic kit really bad, but they discontinued them by the time I bought mine. They look totally sweet and i could just just imagine what they would look like with LEDs strategically placed around them.
Apparently lasercutting acrylic puts off some pretty nasty fumes, and there's spatter that damages laser lenses and mirrors. I understand why they stopped cutting them, but I agree that it would look sweet!
Plus, it has craking problems (myself broke +5 pieces when building). So, I was lucky getting it on time :-)

Return to “New Member introduction”