Problems with Repables.com

dtgriscom
Printmaster!

Problems with Repables.com

Post by dtgriscom »

I understand that Repables.com is SeeMeCNC's "preferred" 3d object repository, and I believe is actually run by them. Unfortunately, it has some significant problems:
  • I've tried twice now to upload my improved layer fan (see http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 164#p36164), but it ends up just showing "Please wait.. we are processing your files" for as long as I care to wait (I'm up to a half hour on my most recent attempt).
  • Formatting seems to be ignored in the description and instruction field, and everything ends up as one long paragraph. (Maybe there's some sort of BBcode allowed, but there's no information anywhere on what that might be.)
  • Some of the file download links are wonky. For example, if you go to the layer fan housing referenced in the Rostock MAX v2 manual at http://repables.com/r/212/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and then click the big "Download" button, you get an archive called "Repable_212-104.zip" which, when unpacked, only holds a deep hierarchy of folders with a single strangely-named file inside the innermost folder.
  • The search function is very limited. For instance, there's no way to see a list of all the objects you have uploaded.
  • There's a "Feedback" link, but it sends you to a blank page
  • There's no available email or other contact info, except for the name "Repables Non-Profit LLC", which tells me nothing.
I would have posted my suggestions to the website owners if I could find them, but since I couldn't I'm posting here in the hopes that he/she/they frequent these forums.

FYI,
Dan
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Problems with Repables.com

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Dan, you should send this the way it is to [email protected]
That way they are sure to see it.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Other”