viki lcd with rambo

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
cambo3d
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

viki lcd with rambo

Post by cambo3d »

Is anyone using the viki lcd with the rambo? http://www.panucatt.com/product_p/vikilcd.htm

Looking at the board and the lcd panel they both have I2C connections. Seems a bit more simplified for wiring purposes with just 4 wires vs the reprap discount lcd 20+ wires that you have to rewire.

has anyone successfully implemented it? I have one on order.
Last edited by cambo3d on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cambo3d
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: viki lcd with rambo

Post by cambo3d »

I guess no one has done this with the rambo board but looking at the marlin firmware it seems to support it. I know this works for the ramps arduino marlin combo. So i'm thinking it should work the same way.

So I'm going to give it a try and report once I get everything.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

This is quite an old thread, but have you had success with the Viki/RAMBo combo? School got a Viki/X5 Mini combo and I don't want to use an Ardino to get the thing working, but I have a RAMBo I plan to use for another printer for school that could work nicely with it.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Nylocke wrote:This is quite an old thread, but have you had success with the Viki/RAMBo combo? School got a Viki/X5 Mini combo and I don't want to use an Ardino to get the thing working, but I have a RAMBo I plan to use for another printer for school that could work nicely with it.
I would like to know if anyone has had success with the Viki/Rambo combo.

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”