24v Accessories

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: 24v Accessories

Post by Xenocrates »

It's kinda sad that you guys have issues getting stuff we midwest (US) people take for granted, such as imperial tools and fasteners (Honestly, I see the point of those people who want printers to be all metric, and the displeasure at needing them, even if you can get them, since it would be nice if the hardware matched the software, and went with the best available standard), not to mention the trouble importing things like power supplies, when they are probably made closer to you than to most of us US people. But I doubt that buying a western European printer will magically make generic components such as power supplies more available (A watt's a watt, same with a volt and amp. They are equivalent (Although you need 42.37 Metric electrons to match an imperial one)), at least not short term. I would love it if the US could improve it's trade balance by exporting printers, as well as the talents involved. But I am under no illusions that it is in any way better for you guys to buy solely US printers, and it would probably improve availability long term of components (As companies import to manufacture, their suppliers might eventually set up either local subsidiaries (If they haven't already), or local stocks, to improve fulfillment times.) to buy locally made printers.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”