3M 468 adhesive removal *success*

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
ramai
Printmaster!

3M 468 adhesive removal *success*

Post by ramai »

Hi guys, I had a very thin sheet of PEI on my glass bed, and I was able to remove the adhesive. I first peeled off the PEI (some people said to put it in the freezer first; I didn't need to do that). There was a lot of adhesive left on the bed that was still very sticky.
I put the bed onto my glass patio table and poured a layer of turpentine onto it, then used a wide putty knife to scrape it off. I had to make about 5 repeats of this. Pour a layer on, scrape it off as goop, then pour another layer on again.
If I were to do it again, it would probably take me about 10 minutes now that I know what I am doing.
I hope that helps someone. Now I have a much thicker sheet of PEI on there this time. I'll let you know how that goes.
Rostock MAX V2 with trick trucks, cf arms, prometheus hot end, nimble extruder, berdAir cooling.
Cura slicer, Duet Wifi, iMac
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Re: 3M 468 adhesive removal *success*

Post by TwoTone »

Goo-Off and a razor blade. Only took 2 passes.
ramai
Printmaster!

Post by ramai »

Good tip! I tried this orange oil adhesive remover stuff and it didn't do much. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but next time ill try Goo-Off!
Rostock MAX V2 with trick trucks, cf arms, prometheus hot end, nimble extruder, berdAir cooling.
Cura slicer, Duet Wifi, iMac
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

You need to pour it on, let it soak and then run the razor across it.

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”