v3 Tower Alignment Issue

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Christian79
Printmaster!

v3 Tower Alignment Issue

Post by Christian79 »

Is there anyway to adjust the alignment of the towers? My v1 could be adjusted but the v3 seems pretty locked in. The variance is not that bad however, I would like to close the gap. The opening in the melamine allows for very little if any adjustment. Any help is appreciated.

BTW I am trying to correct a small gap between the top of my square and the tower when using the face of the base as a reference.
Christian79
Printmaster!

Re: v3 Tower Alignment Issue

Post by Christian79 »

This may be a non issue after all.....

After I realized the surface of the melamine is not always perpendicular to the towers, I reinstalled the glass, which is flat and used that as my reference. I found that over the length of my X & Y towers they are square to the bed (@20C) by an error smaller than I can measure (<0.2mm). However, I did find that the Z tower tips into the center of the printer by approximately 0.65mm over the length of the tower. While I would prefer the same result as the other towers, my gut tells me this level of error will be of no concern when stacked against other printing related errors (vibration, ABS cooling, humidity, and so on).

However, if anyone has any input I would love to hear it.

Thank you again!

Return to “Troubleshooting”