hot-end temp not hitting 215, hovering just below, no printing starts?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
magicmarc
Printmaster!

hot-end temp not hitting 215, hovering just below, no printing starts?

Post by magicmarc »

hi,
id been printing a few items recently since the build of the h2 delta...

however yesterday, it started not printing...

the temp doesnt hit 215. when i click print in matter control, the hot end heats up (i hear it revving up to heat) then i wait like i had done before, but it doesn't hit the 215 degree to start printing... its just hovering at 213.5, 213.7, 214.2, etc.. and doesn't print.
i've been using pla filament....and all seemed ok the first 2 weeks or so (of light printing, maybe 15 small objects...)

also, is there any 'maintenance' or 'cleaning' i need (should) do on a regular basis to the hot-end to keep it clean and properly operational?
thanks
marc
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Re: hot-end temp not hitting 215, hovering just below, no printing starts?

Post by magicmarc »

so i checked the power led indicator near the hot -end power on the mini-rambo, the red light came on when i went to pre-hear hot end. then i tightened up the red and black wires gonig into the mini-rambo for the hot end, and the red was a slittle loose, not loose, but could use a few turns tighter. dso i did...
now the printer started to print when it hit 114.2 or so, ,,, thus i assume that may have resolved the error, maybe the loose fit wasn't getting the correct power/juice?
then the print job cancelled itself/stopped...

now its back to hovering just below 214 and not printing...?

idea?
what do y'all think?
m
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

Do you have a barrel fan blocker installed in your hotend? It's the little black clip that keeps air from the heatsink cooling fan from hitting your heater block. If you don't have one, you can buy one from seemecnc (https://www.seemecnc.com/products/barrel-fan-blocker) or print one (https://www.seemecnc.com/products/barrel-fan-blocker) and that should fix your issue. I'd also recommend PID tuning your hot end, but you might not find it necessary.
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Post by magicmarc »

thanks, got the blocker on the way, in the mean time jj sent me a gcode version to use with sd card manually.
trying out tonight.
thanks
m

SO FAR, SO GOOD...i manually raised the temp to 230, then let it go down while i hit print and it printed the blocker piece, and all is good, its heating to the point and printing.
THANKS EVERYONE.
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
czecht
Plasticator

Post by czecht »

Can you let me know how you fixed this problem, because I have also RED LED and I can't upload anything to the RAMBO!
thingismith
Printmaster!

Post by thingismith »

I had this issue before too, the temp would hover just below the expected temp (240 in my case). I ran a PID Autotune for the HE without the X0 and entered in the values manually (take the 3 readings for the 3 values and average them [add all three, divide by 3]). My problem stopped. I think there's an issue with the X0, because my values were much different than what the X0 had entered.
magicmarc
Printmaster!

Post by magicmarc »

i ran the pid commands, after the g29 (and g28), and it seemed to work, and the little fan blocker piece installed as well.
m
------------------------
Magic Marc
ARTEMIS & H2
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

Glad to hear it's working!

Return to “Troubleshooting”