[Solved] V4 touchscreen not doing anything

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
DDXdesign
Printmaster!

[Solved] V4 touchscreen not doing anything

Post by DDXdesign »

Sorry for all the initial threads here but I need to get up and running with this guy quickly... Lots to print, short on time, you know the drill, heh.

Right out of the box, the touchscreen seemed to be fine - I hit Home, it homed the axes; I hit Macros, it showed a list of available macros, etc.
But then I had the wifi setup issue from my first thread. After I was finally able to get the wifi connection going and run the printer from the browser, I went back over to the machine and looked at the touchscreen, and it's like a blank slate. all the numbers are at 0, Macros button yields a blank screen, SD card button yields a blank list and "0 files" reported (even though i just printed the firstprint.gcode file from the browser), none of the movement controls do anything, etc. The screen itself works great, very responsive, but it doesn't *do* anything. Even turning the machine off and on again, no effect.

Did I waste the extra money getting the TS? What can I do to fix?

Thanks people; this is a very exciting machine upgrade for me from the $300-600 cartesian flock.
Last edited by DDXdesign on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: V4 touchscreen not doing anything

Post by dc42 »

I am assuming that the touch screen on the V4 is a standard PanelDue. Is the status at the top right of the screen "Connecting"? If so then its failing to establish a connection to the Duet. Common causes are:

- Mismatched band rates. Both should be set to 57600. On the touch screen it is selected on the Setup page. On the Duet it is selected by the M575 P1 command in config.g and you can check it by sending M575 P1.
- Bad crimp connection at one end of the cable (if using the 4-way cable), or bad ribbon cable (if using the ribbon cable).
Last edited by dc42 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DDXdesign
Printmaster!

Re: V4 touchscreen not doing anything

Post by DDXdesign »

Aha! One down! I had set the baud on the screen to 115k because that's what the instructions say to set on the YAT interface. doh. Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting”