V2 hot hed and heating bed random shut down

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
primate custom
Noob

V2 hot hed and heating bed random shut down

Post by primate custom »

Hi out there in 3d land so I was lucky enough to be given a rostock max v2 from a from a mate who works in the e waste department of the local university, I am a complete novice 2 3d printing but im pretty handy at repairing stuff, any way my mate told me that as far as he was aware it was a hot head issue and it turns out that one of the wires top the heating elements at the hot head had broken so i have fitted 2x 30w cartridge heating elements and a new thermistor and installed the Matter control soft where and was able to get the machine to home and all axis to run but when the machine heats up the hot head and bed it will some times only climb to say 98 deg on the hothead then it shuts down both the head and heating bed. The last attempt i got it to 120deg and it started to run a print [test qube ] and then it shut the hothed and bed down after about 2 min into the print? the machine kept printing even thought the filament was congealing . Im thinking that I might need to re boot the machine and start with a fresh? just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and maby has some advice as to what is the best course of action .cheers Tarn
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: V2 hot hed and heating bed random shut down

Post by geneb »

Heat the hot end and the bed, and while they're heating, check the 12v output of the power supply. It shouldn't be less than about 11.5V.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
primate custom
Noob

Re: V2 hot hed and heating bed random shut down

Post by primate custom »

cheers ill do that

Return to “Troubleshooting”