KISSlicer print button?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
2jayzman
Plasticator

KISSlicer print button?

Post by 2jayzman »

I downloaded the latest version of KISS. I'm not sure if there is a window missing or what. I can upload a file, slice it, but there isn't a print button. If there is a forum on this issue and could be pointed to it that would be great. I downloaded all the ini files and the setup seems good. The Quick start guide is no help. Windows 7 32 bit Rostock Max.
Flateric
Printmaster!

Re: KISSlicer print button?

Post by Flateric »

You would still need to load the processed file into a print host such as Repetier to print it. Kiss simply processes the file and produces a gcode file that you load into the host.

I think his philosophy with Kiss is to leave that to other programs and concentrate on the task of slicing only. Which it is excellent at doing.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
2jayzman
Plasticator

Post by 2jayzman »

Arlighty then, so I Sliced an odject in Kisslicer and saved it. Then opened it in Repetier which had the Gcode. It seems like it has a lot more Gcode then using Slic3r. I kind of figured. I'm guessing it's because I'm using another program that isn't joined with Repetier. It took a few weeks to get the hang of Slic3r, what's a few more. Thank you for the help.
2jayzman
Plasticator

Post by 2jayzman »

WOW, Kisslicer is amazing so far. Had a few crazy z drops and a cylinder that automatically places on the bed no matter what I try to print, but I'll take what I can get for now. It's totally different then Sic3er.
ApacheXMD
Printmaster!

Post by ApacheXMD »

You have the prime pillar enabled. Turn that off to get rid of the cylinder. What do you mean about crazy z drops? The nozzle drops in height unexpectedly?
2jayzman
Plasticator

Post by 2jayzman »

Almost seems like the steps are off or the motors are turning to fast and the belt is skipping. Carriage stumbles down. Steps are correct. Only happens every third try or so. I can shut it down and rerun the print without reloading the Slice and it will be fine.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

Why firmware are you using, both Marlin and Repetier will do that, but it's much more common in Marlin, I think the issue is the code that splits the moves into small segments being starved for CPU time by the motor interrupts.
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

I get this as well, but usually when doing many many small and fast moves.

I am using repetier firmware.

I'm convinced it's cache related. As I did some minor adjustments in the firmware and it really helped my problem. However I am not knowledgeable enough on this topic to start going and recommending firmware changes of any sort. So I'll leave any changes of this sort to come from someone like poly.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
2jayzman
Plasticator

Post by 2jayzman »

Marlin/Repetier. I'll do some more research. Post what I can find.
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

Sorry for the late reply...you've seen this, right?

Good settings in here. I tweaked the speed a bit and it helped - but not too fast or you'll get strings.

I'm at a loss as to what is truly best. Retract motions are weird in Kiss but overall, it's good. I would like one package and be able to stick with it but the fact of the matter is that slicer software is still kinda new.
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2jayzman
Plasticator

Post by 2jayzman »

I changed the printer speed settings in KIsslicer too-

X,Y and Z 100

Z 2

First layer Max speed 2

Limit Increase /Layer 50

XY Accel [mm/s^2] 500

Drops nice and consistent. Still need to mess with the de-string, but prints are coming out much better.

Return to “Troubleshooting”