Orion Delta crashing on file read

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
sbarner
Plasticator

Orion Delta crashing on file read

Post by sbarner »

We have an Orion Delta that is only a few months old, but suddenly we cannot load gcode files to be printed. The firmware version is 0.91. When I select a file from the SD card that has previously been printed successfully, the machine beeps three times quickly and immediately shuts off. I tried converting another file to gcode that had previously been printed and saved this to a different SD card. On navigating to the folder, I can see the files listed, but as soon as I try to scroll down to select one, they all disappear, including the .. selection to go up one level, leaving only the Previous Screen selection. If I then try to select the file again, all I see is the Previous Screen selection. I need to power cycle the printer in order to see the file names again, and the behavior doesn't change--they disappear when I try to scroll down to them. Any ideas?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Orion Delta crashing on file read

Post by Eaglezsoar »

sbarner wrote:We have an Orion Delta that is only a few months old, but suddenly we cannot load gcode files to be printed. The firmware version is 0.91. When I select a file from the SD card that has previously been printed successfully, the machine beeps three times quickly and immediately shuts off. I tried converting another file to gcode that had previously been printed and saved this to a different SD card. On navigating to the folder, I can see the files listed, but as soon as I try to scroll down to select one, they all disappear, including the .. selection to go up one level, leaving only the Previous Screen selection. If I then try to select the file again, all I see is the Previous Screen selection. I need to power cycle the printer in order to see the file names again, and the behavior doesn't change--they disappear when I try to scroll down to them. Any ideas?
Is your SD card a class 10? If not I would change to a class 10 or higher and try again. I you continue to have these errors you can also try to print from
repetier-host, if you can print via the host and a class 10 card gives you errors, I would lean toward having a bad card reader in your lcd.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
sbarner
Plasticator

Re: Orion Delta crashing on file read

Post by sbarner »

We've been using the card that came with the printer, which is a PNY SD HC 8GB card (which, interestingly, says 4GB on the label). The other card I tried was a Transcend card of the same specs, but 4GB. While neither is a Class 10 card, I doubt that is causing the problem, since taking your suggestion I tried printing directly to the printer, which crashed immediately after I clicked the Start button in Matter Control. When I say "crashed," I mean that the printer shuts off instantly, without displaying any error message.

UPDATE
I just restarted the printer and tried again from the computer and this time it worked. I then tried printing from the card that came with the printer and that now works again. I'm hoping this isn't a problem that is going to recur, but it seems to be working correctly now.

Return to “Troubleshooting”