extruder temperature problems

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
kokoras85
Plasticator

extruder temperature problems

Post by kokoras85 »

hello

first of all let me say that I own a rostock max v2 and i am using Mattercontrol 1.2 for about a month now. at the beginning everything was working fine however these past few days i have noticed a problem with my extruders temperature while printing. when i preheat everything works fine but when the printer starts printing the temperature starts jumping up and down, and i am not talking about 10 degrees up or down.the printing starts at 220 then jumps down 180 then 240 then to 20 after that to 190 and so on. also a few times the temperature dropped so much that the filament stopped coming out. when i tried to cancel and reprint i got a message "The printer set into dry run mode until restart". i should also mention that i am only printing with abs and that i haven't installed the fans yet. i really hope that its not a hardware issue. :?

any help will be greatly appreciated
thank you
mvansomeren
Printmaster!

Re: extruder temperature problems

Post by mvansomeren »

You might double check your wiring to the hot end.. maybe the crimping isn't making solid contact with the heating resistors?
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

It really sounds like you have an intermittent connection at the hotend, whether it's the heater wiring, or thermistor wiring.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Post by Dale Eason »

I had similar problem with displayed temps jumping up and down when printing after a few weeks of assembly. It was a bad solder connection to the hot end thermistor that made it intermittent.

Dale

Return to “Troubleshooting”