Stepper Motors Disabled

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Re: Stepper Motors Disabled

Post by Earthbound »

PJJ wrote:
Earthbound wrote:
PJJ wrote:ok ill check the fuse again. would it be the fuse even though the rambo turn on and displays everything
Read the post directly above this one for why one thing works but the other does not. Motors and display are fused separately.

ok thanks for the information. I am wondering before I change the f2 fuse again, just for future references; how can I better prevent the f2 fuse to not blow.

There's not much one can do that would cause F2 to blow. Might have been a bad fuse to begin with, or maybe was swapped into the F2 location after being blown while serving in F3? F3 is much more vulnerable - working on the hotend with the power on is the F3 killer.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Nothing is really standing out on the pictures. Cant really see the end stops on the RAMBo because the ribbon cable, Just make sure the white wire is on the left with black in the middle. It almost looks like they are backwards.
PJJ
Prints-a-lot

Post by PJJ »

KAS wrote:Nothing is really standing out on the pictures. Cant really see the end stops on the RAMBo because the ribbon cable, Just make sure the white wire is on the left with black in the middle. It almost looks like they are backwards.

ok yeah the white wire is first and the black is in the middle. At the top of the axis does it has to be like that as well. with the white cable in the back and the black cable on the far left in. I know no cable should be in the middle of the endstop switches.
PJJ
Prints-a-lot

Post by PJJ »

Read the post directly above this one for why one thing works but the other does not. Motors and display are fused separately.[/quote]

ok thanks for the information. I am wondering before I change the f2 fuse again, just for future references; how can I better prevent the f2 fuse to not blow.[/quote]

There's not much one can do that would cause F2 to blow. Might have been a bad fuse to begin with, or maybe was swapped into the F2 location after being blown while serving in F3? F3 is much more vulnerable - working on the hotend with the power on is the F3 killer.[/quote]

ok I noticed that my fan on the rambo board is not turning on either. This led me to notice that my soldering was touchin each other so i am waiting for a desolder suction to come in the mail so i can then re solder the fan onto the board. Just curious would that has something to do with the motors not working. I will fix it regardless if it does or not. But i just was wondering.
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

If the RAMBo cooling fan leads were soldered such that the terminals ended up shorted together, then the stepper motors would never have a chance to run because the F2 fuse would burn out immediately due to the shorted fan terminals.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Troubleshooting”