error uploading repetier

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
jerome0139
Plasticator

Re: error uploading repetier

Post by jerome0139 »

looks like it was just the laptop and maybe the new version of arduino i tried the 1.6.1 on this laptop and it worked flawlessly
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I am glad that you found the problem.
Happy Printing!
KLeishman
Noob

Post by KLeishman »

I ran into this same problem today as well. I had the Arduino 1.6.7 version which gave me the exact same missing file error. Noticing the tutorial had the 1.6.1 version, I downgraded to that one, and then uploading the firmware worked perfectly for me.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

His issue was a little different. Even with the right version of Arduino IDE he was getting this odd compile error. I suspect it has something to do with using a work computer that has some form of lockdown or virus software. He got the missing file error with 1.6.0 also.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
KLeishman
Noob

Post by KLeishman »

The error i got was the same as shown in the pictures, i could have been having similar issues due to an anti-virus program, and i did not try the 1.6.0 version, but everything seems to work fine with 1.6.1 which seems to work for him as well, but yeah, yay for problems averted.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Actually, his problem was not resolved on the original laptop. He found another computer and installed Arduino 1.6.0 and then it compiled fine.

Not being rude, I just like to be clear about issues and resolutions and in this case, I'd like to understand what root of the problem is. If it's antivirus, did you disable it? or simply install 1.6.1 and it resolved?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
KLeishman
Noob

Post by KLeishman »

yeah no worries, i figure since my issue appears to have given the same error on my end at least, anything for you guys to help figure things out helps. i just uninstalled the 1.6.7 version and installed the 1.6.1 version (essentially after doing some searching and reading through this post, and then seeing what version the tutorial used). I did notice that the file size for the 1.6.7 seems very low compared to the 1.6.1 as well, so maybe its missing stuff that 1.6.1 has. Now just to clarify, did he try the 1.6.0 on the new laptop, it looks like he may have jumped to the 1.6.1 on the new one from one of his above posts?

Return to “Troubleshooting”