Push-In Wire Removal Trouble on Wire Whip

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Chrisw265
Plasticator

Push-In Wire Removal Trouble on Wire Whip

Post by Chrisw265 »

Rather embarrassingly, I have to admit that I wired my 8-pin connector for the wire whip wrong. The 8 wires are now effectively stuck in place, and I can't find a way to remove them, as I can't seem to push down on the tabs hard enough. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove them? What tool works best in this scenario?

Please let me know, thanks!

-Christopher Weil
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: Push-In Wire Removal Trouble on Wire Whip

Post by Qdeathstar »

I used some pin headers from arduino projects i had lying around. Any thin peice of metal will work. What about a paperclip?
Chrisw265
Plasticator

Post by Chrisw265 »

I had tried a paperclip and couldn't seem to push the tab down hard enough. I'll give it another shot for sure, and I'll see if I can find some pin headers laying around.
Thanks for the advice!
dsl158
Printmaster!

Post by dsl158 »

Chrisw265 wrote:I had tried a paperclip and couldn't seem to push the tab down hard enough. I'll give it another shot for sure, and I'll see if I can find some pin headers laying around.
Thanks for the advice!
I use a really small screw bit from my Ifixit kit. It's alot easier to push down.
Also I know this might seem silly but are you sure you are pushing down into the right hole?
Chrisw265
Plasticator

Post by Chrisw265 »

I believe I'm pushing down into the right hole. I really hope I'm not mistaken. I'm pushing down on the visible bits of metal on the side where there are the 2 holes.

Return to “Troubleshooting”