Troubleshooting Forum - Please Read Before Posting

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
nortonkb
Noob

Re: Troubleshooting Forum - Please Read Before Posting

Post by nortonkb »

Any Ideas on what is causing this?
I have a Rostock Max V2 with an e3d V6 installed. I tried my first really large print last night and when I woke I had to stop the print because of this. It was set to 300 micron resolution at 190 degrees for the hot end and 50 for the bed. I have a suspicion that it is the feed rate cause by the PLA sticking to the inside of the hot end a little. I put a drop of oil on the PLA before using it which usually works but could it be possible that because it is a long print it didnt survive long enough? Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
12033533_1002897876396937_631062745_n.jpg
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

Almost looks like filament starvation. Maybe try to increase the hotend temp and see how it goes.
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

I'd suspect the bowden tube is getting pinched/kinked/deflected when the print height grows high enough. I found it took some careful study to get the hot end umbilical shaped so that it never snagged on the arms/fans and kept the filament path smooth.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Heat the nozzle so you can pull free the filament from it. Then move it back and forward to see if tjere is resistance.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
nortonkb
Noob

Post by nortonkb »

Thanks everyone ill give it a try
tiffann
Plasticator

software issues

Post by tiffann »

I'm pretty sure I have every thing done as described on installing the Rambo. I can see my port and it says its running properly. the Arduino is configured correctly as shown on the rostock assembly guide. I'm getting a message. says time out. time out communicating with programmer. the set up is in eeprom clear, tools, board Arduino/genuine mega or mega 2560, processor "AT mega 2560 ( Mega 2560 ) " . Port COM 3 , Programmer " AVRISP mkII " .
I Have tried to down load the Arduino builder- 0.8.8.7z when I unzip this folder it fails says maybe be tamperd with or broken. I used 2 different zip files I got from the app store. This has to be the most frustrating part. I really need to speek to a human to walk me threw this. I'm using windows 8 and I downloaded the windows 8 software.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Where EXACTLY are you getting "arduino builder 0.8.8.7z" from?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
tiffann
Plasticator

Post by tiffann »

I tried multiple Arduino downloads I uninstalled them to add another.1 is on seemecnc.com the other is on Arduino website. my Lenovo has windows 10. I found a download for it. does not work. I have a laptop with windows 8 still does not work.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

If you really feel you need to talk to a Seemecnc Technician, go to www.seemecnc.com and use the Chat button found on the bottom right of the screen.
If they are available, they should respond.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Nowhere on the SeeMeCNC website have I found the download for the Arduino IDE installer.

The link for the Arduino IDE download is on page 7 of the User Guide.

Honestly, "still does not work" has meaning, but ZERO information. What specifically doesn't work? If the folks on the forum have to play a game of 20 questions to extract the precise problem, you're going to have a hard row to hoe.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

You should also read this thread http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9506
It has a problem similar to yours.
You can download an older version of Arduino uploader here : https://sourceforge.net/projects/arduin ... z/download
tiffann
Plasticator

Post by tiffann »

i tried to do the chat button for two days now know one is home. call me at 775-336-9951 I'm in reno nv help me fix this.
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

Tiff,
if you read the Eris posts this week you will see that they have all been burning the candle around the clock to get it ready for a show in California
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=25
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=25 your experience this week connecting with support is not typical...
try to provide those of us here online this weekend with all the details of your problems and including photos of things that might be involved such as wiring.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

tiffann wrote:i tried to do the chat button for two days now know one is home. call me at 775-336-9951 I'm in reno nv help me fix this.
When would be the best time to call you? I am on eastern time so please let me know if the time is eastern or Vegas time.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Offer to call the user as requested and look what happens, no response.
Last edited by Eaglezsoar on Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Hey eagle. It's only been 12 hours. He may be on shift, or may not check the forums as obsessively as some of us (Raises hand) do. Either way tiffann, it is highly unusual to not get a response for this long. If you'd like, you can shoot me a message at robert.houseman3 via skype, or PM me for other contact info (I would prefer not to give out Email or phone numbers publicly, and I think text with the ability to send links and files quickly will help you more than a phone call)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I have arranged to call user tiffann on Wednesday of next week to see if we can get his printer going, just letting you all know so that others
don't have to do anything at this time.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Tiffann, please download the Rostock Users manual from http://download.seemecnc.com/rostockmax ... dition.pdf
if you have not done so. It details all the steps necessary to install the software.
There are two manuals for the Rostock Max V2 printers, one is an assembly manual and one is the above users manual.
tiffann
Plasticator

Post by tiffann »

sorry I try to reply as soon as I can. I work 10 hour shifts. I'm up for a few hours before I go to bed. Thanks for the help. I have a few friends in reno wanting to do 3d printing. what I learn I can pass on to them. you are all awesome people.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

tiffann wrote:sorry I try to reply as soon as I can. I work 10 hour shifts. I'm up for a few hours before I go to bed. Thanks for the help. I have a few friends in reno wanting to do 3d printing. what I learn I can pass on to them. you are all awesome people.
We are cool. I will call on Wednesday and we'll see if we can get the printer going, we won't leave you hanging!
tiffann
Plasticator

Post by tiffann »

sweet. I would even pay for your time. that's how much I appreciate your help.
tiffann
Plasticator

Post by tiffann »

good night all
czecht
Plasticator

Post by czecht »

I have RostockMAX, the original, lets call it V1 - purchased it sometimes 3.5 years or so ago as a kit that I've assembled and was working very well!
I ordered the upgrade kit for the new HE280, a week ago, and I had to change everything from Cheapskates all the way to the new HE280
My Rambo is old - v1.1b
I've downloaded the newest Firmware from here on Sunday, V0.92.2 and installed it - no problem - and I made no other changes but the direction of Z - please see bellow.
I did not plug or unplug any wires for the End Stops or to the Nema motors.
I also made sure that I had no static charge before I touched anything around!
I followed the instructions how to connect the wires to the socket, that plugs into the HE280 (I had my good friend Hari help me, just to make sure that we measured everything several times before cutting existing wires and after I soldered the wires ...)
When I powered up the first time, the Z was going down, not up, -BUT the X and Y did NOT MOVE AT ALL!- so I had to change the #define INVERT_Z_DIR from 1 to 0 [Thank you Wade Wendorf!] (I've learned that this is normal)
BUT I was not able to get my Y and X to work at all! They also aren't LOCKED (what I mean is that the Z tower can't be moved by hand at all, the Nema is engaged, or what ever is the correct name for it, so I can't push the Z UP or DOWN), BUT the Y and X are FREE TO MOVE, just like if my printer isn't turned on at all!
The second observation I've made is that under the old Firmware, my LCD booted fast, but now sometimes is as fast as it was before, but many times it is MUCH SLOWER to boot! Have anyone out there noticed such a problem? - if it is a problem, I do not know....-
When I used the MatterControl, I wanted to see if I can move the XYZ, but only Z responds not the X or Y!
Remember, this printer was working fine under the older version Firmware, 0.92.x (I do not remember what was before the 0.92.2, sorry)
The bed preheats just fine, the HotEnd Fan is on all the time, the Hot End works fine, but I can't HOME from the LCD at all or from the MatterControl!
At this point I do not know what else I can try and I'm open to any suggestions.
Thank you all in an advance!
Tony
czecht
Plasticator

Post by czecht »

If this is not where I should post this, please put it there and let me know, so I do not start something in the wrong location.

Return to “Troubleshooting”