H2 Build.. First layer uneven

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
jradford
Noob

H2 Build.. First layer uneven

Post by jradford »

Hi all,

I have a semi-new H2 build and everything seems to be working great except for the first layer.

I've attached a picture of a print in the center of the bed showing the first layer issue I'm having.

Looking on the right side the skirt and the first layer are awesome, but once it starts to go to the left (Z tower) it get's some pretty big gaps.

I've tried re-running the Full Calibration, but get the exact some results. Is there where I would adjust the Z tower endstop screw to lower
that side so it's even with the right side?

After the first layer the printer prints wonderfully, if I can get this final thing solved I think this will be a great printer to make parts
with.

Many thanks for the help..
IMG_1518.JPG
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: H2 Build.. First layer uneven

Post by Tincho85 »

Hi, I can't contribute with the autocal apsect as I don't have the accelerometer board. But it could be tower lean.
Check the towers with a digital inclinometer or a good machinists square.
Martín S.
jradford
Noob

Post by jradford »

Thanks for the reply,

I checked all three towers with a square and one was slightly out of square, so I adjusted that, re-checked all the towers and then re-ran the
calibration.

See picture attached, it is still doing the exact same thing. The print on the right side lays down wonderfully and it
looks like as it goes to the left on the print it gets higher and spaces develop.

Frustrating as I am so close! :)

I'll take any suggestions on this to fix.
IMG_1519.JPG
knabo
Printmaster!

Post by knabo »

Check the belt tension and check for any binding or belt dust. Check for any loose or misaligned hardware. Sometimes these things can present like bed tilt.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Now it hits me... It's just a leveling issue. The nozzle is too far when printing close to the Z axis.
Does the H2 has a screw that you can screw/unscrew in order to level that particular axis?
Martín S.

Return to “Troubleshooting”