Trying to calibrate after a Duet swap into my Metal Max. My height map is screwy.

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
d1rron
Printmaster!

Trying to calibrate after a Duet swap into my Metal Max. My height map is screwy.

Post by d1rron »

I don't have a probe yet, so I'm doing the paper thing. I wanted to do FSRs, but I have the Tricklaser metal frame which is discontinued and I don't think I can get the adapters anymore, though maybe I can figure out a solution myself.

Anyway, I noticed that my print's first layer was inconsistent and not even getting squished at a few parts. So I did the mesh grid compensation (manually) and got a concerning heat map back.

And I'm not really sure where to go from here. Maybe I screwed something up when I used Repetier Config Tool?
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all... we're only mortal."-JLP
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Trying to calibrate after a Duet swap into my Metal Max. My height map is screwy.

Post by Xenocrates »

Are you sure that your points are correct? that sharp edge downwards suggests there's something wrong with the Z-probe (or another inconsistent factor)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
rootboy
Printmaster!

Re: Trying to calibrate after a Duet swap into my Metal Max. My height map is screwy.

Post by rootboy »

Yikes! I suspect the probe as well. I have to do my probing with my heaters off otherwise it randomly triggers.

Return to “Troubleshooting”