Rostock v4 Error code M141

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
SLB
Noob

Rostock v4 Error code M141

Post by SLB »

Hi everybody, Im new to Rostock printers and intermediate to 3d printing. I use a Rostock V4 at work and Im getting an error that keeps coming up. Error code "M141, No chamber heater has been configured for slot 0" anybody have an idea what this is???
Thanks for any replies.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rostock v4 Error code M141

Post by geneb »

Check to make sure that your slicing software isn't adding an M141 call - you might have accidentally told it you've got a chamber heater, which would trigger the inclusion of the M141 code.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
DDXdesign
Printmaster!

Post by DDXdesign »

I've started getting this too in the past week, repeatedly. The only change on my end is that I upgraded Cura from 4.1 to 4.2.1 so maybe it's a default in there.
SLB
Noob

Post by SLB »

DDXdesign wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 am I've started getting this too in the past week, repeatedly. The only change on my end is that I upgraded Cura from 4.1 to 4.2.1 so maybe it's a default in there.
I think your on to something with this, I didn't think of that but I also upgraded recently. Thanks!
Michail1
Plasticator

Post by Michail1 »

The upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.1 is the cause of the problem.
Take a look at the gcode files you're producing. You will notice a M141 S28 has been added by 4.2.1.
You can either take out the M141 S28 completely or change it to M141 S0

To solve the problem completely, simply change the default in the software to 0 in order to prevent it from happening in all the files you slice with Cura 4.2.1

Why they made the default change in the Cura upgrade? No idea. Pretty stupid to have a default installation/upgrade that probably is against MOST ALL printers out today.

In Cura settings...
Fine any reference to Build Volume Temperature. Either uncheck to put in a 0.
Save/Close. Reload and you will see that gcode files will now be made with S0 instead of S28.

Return to “Troubleshooting”