I am in bridging HELL…… LOL

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Christian79
Printmaster!

I am in bridging HELL…… LOL

Post by Christian79 »

I have tried various settings to get bridging to work on my max and for the most part it has, but my settings have one very annoying result.

The perimeters on a bridge are way too fast. The inner extrusions obey the bridge speed setting but the perimeter of the same bridge uses the normal perimeter setting and the filament always breaks.

Here is a pic of a part of a robot I am building for my daughter. As you can see the inner portion of the bridge is fine, but the outer perimeter sucks. I have tried this with and without support structure.

Unfortunately, the perimeter speed is just too fast in any bridging scenario support or not.

Please advise.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: I am in bridging HELL…… LOL

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I'm no expert, but I do know that there were some bridging glitches in Slic3r about 2 versions ago (less than a year). If there was more than one bridge in the same layer, the GCode was coming out of Slic3r wrong. It doesn't look like the case on this exact part, but I'd still make sure that you're using the newest version of all softwares at play.

A lot of people have the "it works now, so I don't need to upgrade" mentality with software, but the programs that we use for printing are constantly changing and are always under development. If you follow the GitHub threads and various software forums, there are always discussions about bugs that ARE in the software. In the 3D printing world, I personally would always err on the side of upgrading when possible.

Return to “Troubleshooting”