Extruder works in reverse

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Lance
Plasticator

Extruder works in reverse

Post by Lance »

Hi, I have finished (at last) building my H1. I have RAMPS 1.4 with the standard sprinter firmware and am using Pronterface to drive the printer. I have not overwritten the original firmware yet.
The XYZ axis all seem to work, but the extruder works in reverse.
I can see an option in the configuration.h to reverse the direction of each stepper. Should I have to do this or I have I made some other mistake? (yes the colours for the stepper wires are correct)
I am not sure how to download the config file from the Arduino board to check what is actually set there. Is this possible?

Any help with this noob question appreciated.
Thanks, Lance.
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Re: Extruder works in reverse

Post by michaellatif »

Hey Lance,

You can either reverse the values in the config file configuration.h, recompile and upload or you can reverse the order of the wires in the connector connected to the RAMPS board.
Unfortunately there is no way to see what the value are set to if the firmware has already been compiled and uploaded.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Just take the red and blue wires from the stepper to the pololus on the ramps board, and reverse their pins, only those two wires. That will reverse the stepper direction
Lance
Plasticator

Post by Lance »

Thanks for the replies.
I swapped the red and blue wire as advised. My extruder now move in the correct direction. Thank you.

I see as the software is compiled before uploading to the Arduino you can not retrieve the settings.

Thanks again, Lance.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Lance, which firmware are you running? If you look in the first header file (usually the .pde file) there are a list of M and G codes. Some of the firmwares settings can be retrieved and viewed as well as changed using the codes

Return to “Troubleshooting”