PID autotune fail: temp to high

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Penged
Printmaster!

PID autotune fail: temp to high

Post by Penged »

I finished my build this evening and when I attempted to run the PID autotune for the hot end it climbed up to 220 and then bailed out saying the temp was too high. After searching the forums I tried raising the temp to 220 but it did the same thing after rising up to 240 this time. Im afraid to try raiding the autotune temp any higher so I am turning this over to the forum. Thanks in advance. I have a Rostock V2 without any modifications running matter control.
V2 max with the HE280 hotend
Penged
Printmaster!

Re: PID autotune fail: temp to high

Post by Penged »

Hello friends. I seem to have forgotten the first rule of troubleshooting when dealing with anything electronic. Turn if off and turn it back on. I ran the PID auto tune this morning and it worked perfectly on the first try. On to calibrating the Z height.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Glad you got it sorted out.

The algorithm tries to determine the PID parameters but it has a built in failsafe, if the temperature gets too high then it abandons it deciding the system is not controllable.

Had you heated up the hotend before? If you start with a hot hotend sometimes it can do that.

If you are not familiar with PID control, then have a look at wikipedia. The article is short and explains the problem well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Equipped with that knowledge, you can further tune the controller yourself.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
Penged
Printmaster!

Post by Penged »

Thanks Teoman, at this point in the game I am simply trying to not set myself on fire. Eventually I wil gain better understanding of this universe.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Yes, you are probably entering an unknown domain. But you will notice that most of it is/was very simple. Just need to get the hours under your belt.

There are some aspects that are still considered voodoo, that occasionally baffle even the most seasoned engineers.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

I wish there was a like button for "Simply trying not to set myself on fire", lol

Return to “Troubleshooting”