Coming up roses!

Show off your latest creations, whether 3D printed or not
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Coming up roses!

Post by mhackney »

I posted this Valentine's Box on thingiverse 3 years ago. A couple of weeks ago ProtoPasta announced a new limited edition Aromatic Rose HTPLA that I just had to have! There are only 36 spools of this stuff and it is made with real rose petals. It is really attractive too, kind of a soft rose/heather color. Well, here is the box in Aromatic Rose, how sweet it is!
FullSizeRender 65.jpg
FullSizeRender 56.jpg

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Re: Coming up roses!

Post by Qdeathstar »

nice. Now that's a stiff sniff.

Now that i have your attention, i see you'd doing some dual extrusion there, with im assuming a e3d cyclops. Is it possible to modify the cyclops hotend to accept a pt100 cartridge.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Qdeathstar wrote:i see you'd doing some dual extrusion there, with im assuming a e3d cyclops.
I may be colorblind (I was told all real men are...) but I don't see different filament colors here, do I?
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

DeltaCon wrote:
Qdeathstar wrote:i see you'd doing some dual extrusion there, with im assuming a e3d cyclops.
I may be colorblind (I was told all real men are...) but I don't see different filament colors here, do I?
The insert in the top is some shade of white instead of rose. However, if you look at the thingiverse link it's clearly printed as a separate piece. No dual-extrusion involved.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

@QDeathstar, although I do dual and multiple extrusion, this model was not! The white part is a simple 1 layer thick insert that just snaps in place. We'd have to look at the schematics to be sure but I don't think there is room on the Cyclops for the cartridge.

@DeltaCon, not sure what you mean about different filament colors? This was printed with a single color - Aromatic Rose - and has a transparent insert.

@Eric - yes!

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

QDeathStar suggested that, by dual extrusion, there would be different colors in your print. But I recognized indeed that there was only a bit different shade because of the lower thickness of the ornament, despite my colorblindness ;-)
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “What are YOU making?”