Ricky Spanish's build.

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
Ricky_Spanish
Prints-a-lot

Ricky Spanish's build.

Post by Ricky_Spanish »

Received it yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, 3 of the u-joint axles were missing, or I'd be printing tonight! Since I can't leave things alone, and knew I'd be modding in the future, I added the two flex conduit drops to make future wiring expansion easier, The small one on the right contains only the stop switch wiring to insulate it from proximity interference. The big one on the left contains everything else, and has lot's of extra space. I also made the hotend quick disconnect. BTW, the folks at SeeMeCNC were really great to work with. I called this morning about the missing axles, and they are sending them next day air! :D
Attachments
20140509_203250.jpg
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Ricky Spanish's build.

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Looks good and you will be thankful that you added those conduit in the future when you start adding things.
Good planning on your part.
Wishing you some Happy Printing when you get all your parts!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Ricky_Spanish
Prints-a-lot

Post by Ricky_Spanish »

Update: Well, UPS dropped the ball and didn't pick my axles up yesterday, so they won't be here until Monday. Patience is a virtue, right? WRONG! I made a set out of some really stiff 1/8" rod that I polished down. first print is going now. Will update soon.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Ricky_Spanish wrote:Update: Well, UPS dropped the ball and didn't pick my axles up yesterday, so they won't be here until Monday. Patience is a virtue, right? WRONG! I made a set out of some really stiff 1/8" rod that I polished down. first print is going now. Will update soon.
Good job, necessity is the mother of invention!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Ricky_Spanish
Prints-a-lot

Post by Ricky_Spanish »

Both fan shrouds printed and installed with minimum problems. Printing a pair of batarangs now so I can toy with settings. I think this build is a success! *Drops mic, leaves stage*
gajtguy
Printmaster!

Post by gajtguy »

Ricky_Spanish wrote: *Drops mic, leaves stage*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Build Zone”