My "BAP"

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Re: My "BAP"

Post by 3D-Print »

geneb wrote:Turned out great!

Have you tried converting 0..255 RGB values into percentages and see how close you get to the target color? I won't be as good as CYMK, but it might be ballpark-ish. :)

g.
Thanks, I have not tried yet..... love the idea.

Still having a bit of trouble getting my extruders steppers with Nema 17 motors, to not go crazy when setting to M83 relative extrusion. When I start a print with absolute (MS default) it is OK, but with a tool change, the steppers do no like absolute and scream and the print pauses for 30 seconds and resumes as if nothing has happened. When I set to relative, I over extrude and strip the filament. My extruder steps are calibrated and set to 461.35 steps/mm and they are set to 1000mA.

Next going to try different slicers.
My 3D-Printing learning curve is asymptotic to a Delta's X, Y and Z-axes
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

3D-Print wrote: Still having a bit of trouble getting my extruders steppers with Nema 17 motors, to not go crazy when setting to M83 relative extrusion. When I start a print with absolute (MS default) it is OK, but with a tool change, the steppers do no like absolute and scream and the print pauses for 30 seconds and resumes as if nothing has happened. When I set to relative, I over extrude and strip the filament. My extruder steps are calibrated and set to 461.35 steps/mm and they are set to 1000mA.

Next going to try different slicers.
I have learned why this was occurring........ simply put, slicing in absolute is not the same as slicing in relative. In short if you slice in relative in regard to your extruders you must print in relative (M83).

MatterControl MaterSlicer does not slice in relative that I can find.
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Duet g-code files for the Diamond Print Head

Post by 3D-Print »

Here are all my files that I have used to print with the diamond. All of these files go into the "sys" folder or just use the web interface to upload the files which is super easy.

Note the M207 g-code designed by David Crocker to mitigate the diamond head ooze. (M207 S5.0 F2400; 5mm retraction at 2400mm.min (40mm/sec) for the all three extruders to prevent the Diamond Head ooze!). Here is the RepRap thread which details this m207 code development as well as my trouble with retraction and over extrusion issues (again slicing in relative must be printed in relative and vice versa!!!!).

As well find my tool change g-code files attached which is an example for Tool (T0). These files (tpre0.g, tpost0.g and tfree0.g) set up the tool change if you choose to change in that fashion vs sending a M567 g-code. You should make one for each tool you would like and you can have as many tools as wanted/needed.

Finally, note the config.g definition of the different tools. This is the same ratios of mixing which can also be sent at any time during a print (i.e. M567 P0 E0.33:0.33:0.33)

M563 P0 D2:3:4 H1 ; Define tool 0
G10 P0 S-273 R-273 ; Set tool 0 operating and standby temperatures (-273 is effectively “0”)
M567 P0 E1.0:0.0:0.0 ; Set mixing to extruder 1 at 100%
M568 P0 S1 ; Turn on mixing (1 = on, 2=off)
M92 E461.35:461.35:461.35:461.35:461.35 ; Set steps/mm for extruders 2, 3, 4, 5

Dan

Addendum 5/15/2016: Here is a link to my newest config.g files and other set up files!!!

(http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 654#p90654)

Attachments
tpre0.g.txt
(185 Bytes) Downloaded 234 times
tfree0.g.txt
(137 Bytes) Downloaded 193 times
tpost0.g.txt
(282 Bytes) Downloaded 208 times
pause.g.txt
(213 Bytes) Downloaded 218 times
resume.g.txt
(170 Bytes) Downloaded 213 times
config.g4-16-2016 copy.rtf
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by 3D-Print on Sun May 15, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3D-Print
Printmaster!

My "BAP"

Post by 3D-Print »

I had been having a number of failed prints where the BindTech extruders had stripped the filament. When a print would start it would be OK for the first layer. Then I could see it was under-extruding. I adjusted and was able to print a couple of prints with +/- quality. Then I noticed with higher print speeds (i.e. higher extruder flow rates) all three BindTech extruders would extrude and suddenly retract 10-12 mm. The print code didn't have any retraction in the layer at that point, and retraction was only when the Z-height was changes.... Thus retractions were appropriate!!

It seams like there was such pressure the extruder would break loose against the pressure and recoil.

I finally realized that the Diamond head was partially plugged and is why all of this was happening.

I just changed out to another Diamond head ($35) and added an M3 thermistor. It is definitely not and easy change and took me about 3 hours to change to a new Diamond and recalibrate which clearly solved the problem.

Overall very impressed with the BondTech extruders and I was limping along with under-extrusion. I suspect I didn't recognize this since with the BondTech I could build up pressure and print.
Last edited by 3D-Print on Sun May 01, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

What I was not impressed with was the time it took to change out the Dimaond head. Now if I only jam 1-2 times a year OK. But if this is a common recurrence then a simpler solution would be wished/needed/wanted!!
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

Installed the BerdAir. Will see how it works on small prints with the heat chamber. I set the air pump on top of the printer to deliver cool air from he ambient room. Not totally happy with how I bent the tubing and will tweet it later.

Addendum: Added photos and the STL of the the bracket I made for the BerdAir.
Attachments
Bracket-Berd-Air4.stl
(189.44 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

Massive failure. Just ordered some new BerdAir tubing.

My first layer didn't adhere. I had too much of a gap and thus poor adherence. Try again.
Attachments
image.jpg
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Yep. That's the weak point of the Berd Air. Perhaps if we could anchor it at 3 points or so (Perhaps when I get a new one I'll solder a pair of supports to it, so it won't potentially droop into the work piece, as I've mostly stopped having adherence issues)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
3D-Print
Printmaster!

Post by 3D-Print »

I also realized I had the fan on at 100% for the first layers. Likely didn't help with poor adherence of the first layer.

Return to “The Build Zone”