Y stepper inverted after HE280 upgrade?

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
DerStig
Printmaster!

Y stepper inverted after HE280 upgrade?

Post by DerStig »

Okay I'm not a programmer so the firmware setup isn't really speaking to me. Have a Rostock Max V2 and just finished upgrading the extruder to the HE280 hoping that it will help with some calibration issues I've been having.

I got the firmware uploaded its the correct version I go to home the printer before calibrating it and the X and Z axis travel up hit the end stops and park the Y axis is descending and I have to hit the power switch to abort. I didn't touch any stepper motor wiring so I'm guessing it's firmware setup?

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Re: Y stepper inverted after HE280 upgrade?

Post by DeltaCon »

It is... You need to load the firmware in the Arduino tool, go to the configuration.h tab and search for something with Y and INVERTin the name (don't emember the exact term). Change true to false or vice versa and upload the firmware to your printer again. Alternatively you can change the cabling to the motor. That way you wil not need to make that firmware change the next time you change firmware (some people up[date firmware a lot, some never...).
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
DerStig
Printmaster!

Re: Y stepper inverted after HE280 upgrade?

Post by DerStig »

Yup that was it. Invert Y axis. took me a second to get the right one, then to figure out how to calibrate the thing and right now it's printing a box.

Return to “The Build Zone”