No stepper movement

Start your own build thread so others can see how it's going, and even help out!
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

No stepper movement

Post by dlbyers »

Just finished my build. Was working through the beginning testing/calibration steps but none of my steppers will move. Tried very first ever home towers from the panel and again from MatterControl but zero movement. Extruder motor will not move either. Tested bed and hotend heat successfully (briefly) but none or my steppers will move.

I've tried values MOTOR_CURRENT {150,150,150,130,0} and MOTOR_CURRENT {175,175,175,200,0} - absolutely no movement or heat in any of the 4 steppers.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Re: No stepper movement

Post by barry99705 »

The carriages aren't all the way up against the end stop switches are they?
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Nope. Carriages are right in the middle of travel range. I tested the end stop switches per the guide and they are functioning correctly..
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

I believe the motors have at least some power. When I initially power up the machine I can freely move the arms as fast as I want. After I attempt a home towers they will still move freely, however moving them quickly causes the stepper motor to catch & I get resistance. It stays in that state until I power off. Still absolutely no movement on any of my steppers.

I am also getting "autotune failed, temp too high" errors when I run PID autotune, even after dropping the value of Extr.1 PID drive max down to 128. I tried 100 and still got the same error.
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Ok, so I've determined that Fuse F2 is blown. I got movement when I jumpered across it momentarily. Now, what is the best method to pull that fuse without breaking something else?
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

power off of course and then I would use forceps (ask your doctor for the ones he can no longer use due to peeling plating etc also available cheap online... or needle nose pliers
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Got the fuse out. Am going to pick up a fuse holder and some quick blow 10Amp fuses and rig up a temporary fuse solution as I saw done in a similar thread.

As I understand it F2 runs motors and some other things. Could this be why I'm having trouble with overheating errors in auto tune?
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Resolved. Cold solder joint on the Rambo fan, wire was swinging around and shorting out. Thank goodness for fuses!

Now I've just got to play with the autotune and figure that out. Thanks for all the suggestions!
dlbyers
Prints-a-lot

Post by dlbyers »

Printed the peek shroud, now printing the layer fan. Fantastic prints! Especially compared to my DaVinci 2.0, which I've decided to donate to my son's school.
Windshadow
Printmaster!

Post by Windshadow »

I had the same feeling when I printed that PEEK fan housing after i finished my build.... I was flat out amazed it turned out as well as it did.... I have seen friends over the years struggle with their cartesian printers to get their first good print and some of them had bought turn key assembled printers.

Well Done and welcome to the wonderful world of deltas ;)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Good job in resolving the problem!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “The Build Zone”