MakerFaire DETROIT at the Henry Ford

If we're going to be at a makerfaire, trade show, or event, we will post it here.
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

MakerFaire DETROIT at the Henry Ford

Post by PartDaddy »

At the end of July, 2012, meet us at the Maker Faire DETROIT at the Henry Ford Museum.

Oly & Partdaddy will be running SeeMeCNC Machines at the faire!

A hand's-on experience! Test drive our 3D printers yourself. Have fun.

Helping hands on board: Brian V will be there!

We're looking forward to a great time and will have several SeeMeCNC machines running and ready to "play" with if you like. Bring your CAD model and we'll print it at the faire!
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: MakerFaire DETROIT at the Henry Ford

Post by johnoly99 »

Packing up todat for detroit!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

HOLY COW guys, I'm back at the shop after the Detroit Maker Faire. What an amazing time we had! I bet there were 20,000 people there through the weekend, and almost all of them must have stopped by our booth. We're whooped! WE will be back in action at the shop here this week, finishing up the upgrade kit instructions and getting the full kit instructions modified. Sorry for the delay on that end, this faire crept up on us pretty quickly.

Some highlights of the faire were, MakerBot was set up across the way from us. Got to look at their new replicator up close and personal. Wow, nice piece of hardware they have there. I like the new design alot, and i noticed they have quite a few injection molded plastic parts in theirs now. Did we start a trend there maybe?

The Kansas city Makerspace group was there, and a few of their members bought a kit from us back in January at the Cedar Rapids makerfaire, nice to see those guys again.

Lisa from our last H-1-1 campaign stopped by and took a TON of pictures of the new machine, she said she will be posting them up on here in the next day or so. (Thanks!)

Saw some really nice shopbot CNC routers, they were set up right next to us.

Brian Vandiepenboss brought out Punkin' Bot and we brought it to life at our booth Saturday, and carved it's first punkin' sunday.

And last but not least, O'Reilly media, the guys responsible for MAKE: magazine as well as starting the MakerFaire tradition, sent their 3D printer guru over to scope out our machines. He couldn't believe the price! They are supposedly going to be featuring our kits in an upcoming issue! Oh man, what did we start this weekend eh?
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

Congrats on the publicity and success at the MakerFaire! Well deserved!
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Thanks mike. Got your order with the nozzle request. Will do!
kilroyo
Printmaster!

Post by kilroyo »

That's awesome, it will be nice to get even more members. There's no doubt the reason this place aint busting at the seams is due to advertising. You guys kill everyone else with the price and quality. The only reason I found SeeMeCnc was from someone putting one up for sale on ebay. Then I started following you guys until I eventually purchased one. Boy am glad I didnt waste a grand on one of those printed reprap mishmash machines or a cardboard makerbot.
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

johnoly99 wrote:Thanks mike. Got your order with the nozzle request. Will do!
Thanks John! You guys rock as usual!
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

We try! And now, it's time for a post-makerfaire nap!
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

kilroyo wrote:That's awesome, it will be nice to get even more members. There's no doubt the reason this place aint busting at the seams is due to advertising. You guys kill everyone else with the price and quality. The only reason I found SeeMeCnc was from someone putting one up for sale on ebay. Then I started following you guys until I eventually purchased one. Boy am glad I didnt waste a grand on one of those printed reprap mishmash machines or a cardboard makerbot.
I supported the Printrbot kickstarter before I found the SeeMeCNC folks on Indiegogo last year (unfortunately). I got my PB LC+ a week ago (yes last week, I supported them in DECEMBER) and now its assembled, I had to request some replacement parts cause some of the printed pieces were by my standards poor.
I don't know what to do with the PB LC+, I have my H-1 running, calibrated and printing high-res items, .10mm/layer at 0.28mm filament out . . .
Boy did I spend some money on the PB. . . wish I hadn't, could of had two H-1's.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey Mike, and kilroyo, thanks both of you guys. We too have had some "issues" at times, and we've only sold 500 of these in the last 6-8 months. I've emailed back and forth with Brook @ printrbot, and man, I feel for him. I think he got a bit more than he could handle for sure. We're actually helping them out with supplying LM8's right now, as their supplier couldn't get it done. I think in general, the more succesful printers out there, eventually it will come down to who can actually supply the demand, and that's where we are winning right now.
michaellatif
Printmaster!

Post by michaellatif »

johnoly99 wrote:Hey Mike, and kilroyo, thanks both of you guys. We too have had some "issues" at times, and we've only sold 500 of these in the last 6-8 months. I've emailed back and forth with Brook @ printrbot, and man, I feel for him. I think he got a bit more than he could handle for sure. We're actually helping them out with supplying LM8's right now, as their supplier couldn't get it done. I think in general, the more succesful printers out there, eventually it will come down to who can actually supply the demand, and that's where we are winning right now.
I agree, the 1800+ bots to build is no small task and because of that there are going to be delays, significant ones, I expected them.
I think the biggest failures (IMO) of the PB campaign were managing expectations and communication (lack of consistent feedback/status).

The differences (now that I have both) is quality, price and availability. SeeMeCNC has the upper hand when it comes to those three.
Mike Latif
H-1 #3
AndGorew
Prints-a-lot

Post by AndGorew »

I'm excited that you guys did so well at the faire! Its good to see that people are starting to recognize that this is the better way to go as far as low cost(relatively) 3D printing solutions. How many people that you talked to do you think would be interested in buying kits? This advertisement is great right? :)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey And, we've already sold about 6 kits thru the faire, I'm guessing more to come this week!
dougmsbbs
Prints-a-lot

Post by dougmsbbs »

johnoly99 wrote:Hey And, we've already sold about 6 kits thru the faire, I'm guessing more to come this week!
Nice!!! :)
Home made Cnc, 2 CarveWright wood carving machines, Laser cutter/engraver, large format vinyl cutter, large format printer, and now a 3D Printer! Oh, and a shop full of equipment to take large expensive pieces of wood and turn them into scrap and sawdust.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Thanks, John and Steve I had tons of fun at the Maker Faire. Wow! what a bunch of people!

I just uploaded video to you tube of punkinBoT's very first cuts.
http://youtu.be/boQ3xfLLazQ
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
Durandal
Printmaster!

Post by Durandal »

You guys going to be at 2013? I will be.
Dhaykus0418
Plasticator

Post by Dhaykus0418 »

Yeah! Would be great to see you guy here in my home town again. The Fair seems to get better every year.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Yes we will! WE'll be there either late Thursday night or mid day Friday, not sure which yet. I hear there's a great maker party going on Thursday night, soooooo?
Dhaykus0418
Plasticator

Post by Dhaykus0418 »

That's awesome, drove by there today and setup for some of the larger stuff had already begun!
emsoll
Plasticator

Post by emsoll »

Are we going to see you at the 2015 Faire on July 25th ? Would love to see you guys out there again.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

emsoll wrote:Are we going to see you at the 2015 Faire on July 25th ? Would love to see you guys out there again.
Yep, they're going. I swung by the shop yesterday, and they were busy packing.

Return to “SeeMeCNC crew in the wild”