HE280 Hotends now on the website

General info from SeeMeCNC HQ
johnoly99
Printmaster!

HE280 Hotends now on the website

Post by johnoly99 »

To everyone waiting and waiting and waiting, WE JUST POSTED THEM ON THE WEBSITE!!! The first 50 are on sale for $109 for the hotend kit. Most of you guys are handy enough on here to make your own wiring, but you'll need one of the connectors for the whip if you want to make up your own wiring harness. There's a total of 8 wires going to the hotend. The firmware is up on our github page to use the probe. You'll only need to choose your machine model and rambo or mini rambo in configuration.h and clear eeprom then flash this new firmware. The guides for upgrading will be posted soon, or you'll be able to follow the v3 manual wiring instructions to see how to connect the 3 wires needed for the probe.

Link to the new hotends:
https://www.seemecnc.com/collections/pa ... eter-probe

Link to assembled whip/wiring harness (choose orion/rostock/eris)
https://www.seemecnc.com/collections/pa ... 2529876676

Link to the connector ONLY IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE YOUR OWN WIRING HARNESS (whip):
https://www.seemecnc.com/collections/pa ... 2529355908
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Re: HE280 Hotends now on the website

Post by AlanZ »

I placed an order for the new hot end and the connector.
Hopefully the connection instructions will be available soon, and recommendations for routing the three new wires.
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

WOOHOO!!! I have been waiting for this since I first heard about it! Order placed!
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

Will you off the board alone?
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

TwoTone wrote:Will you off the board alone?
yes
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Beautiful hotend! Great job guys.

I take this opportunity to leave a few suggestion regarding the shop.
* Put more and bigger pictures of the items you sale. I know they are well designed and trustworthy products, so I will buy them always. But not everyone knows this.
* Without looking at their specs, It's hard to make sense of the scale of each printer. Maybe print the same item and put it on top of the heated bed? or a common item perhaps. The boy from the Orion is a great example.
Martín S.
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Tincho85 wrote:Beautiful hotend! Great job guys.

I take this opportunity to leave a few suggestion regarding the shop.
* Put more and bigger pictures of the items you sale. I know they are well designed and trustworthy products, so I will buy them always. But not everyone knows this.
* Without looking at their specs, It's hard to make sense of the scale of each printer. Maybe print the same item and put it on top of the heated bed? or a common item perhaps. The boy from the Orion is a great example.
I agree. Need better pictures.
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

Here's some higher res pic's
IMG_20160902_222228.jpg
IMG_20160902_220621.jpg
HE280's and a "jet" lower left. A No1 Phillips screwdriver installs the stainless metal jet insert for printing nylons and other 280C filaments. The metal insert increases the preheating and melt zone. It also pulls back he PTFE from the high temp of the heater block.
IMG_20160902_220438.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Since 1996
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

PartDaddy wrote:Here's some higher res pic's

IMG_20160902_222228.jpg

IMG_20160902_220621.jpg

HE280's and a "jet" lower left. A No1 Phillips screwdriver installs the stainless metal jet insert for printing nylons and other 280C filaments. The metal insert increases the preheating and melt zone. It also pulls back he PTFE from the high temp of the heater block.
IMG_20160902_220438.jpg
Thanks for the pics. I was wondering what the "jet" was for. Good stuff there.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

What's the blow temperature on the safety fuse?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks, PartDaddy for the high res pictures. A wonderful design.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Penged
Printmaster!

Post by Penged »

This comes just in time as I was going to pull the trigger on a E3V the next time I seen a sale on them. I'm frustrated that the wiring harness and the Hi-Temp Jet Kit for HE280 Hot End are out of stock. Also I am curious about spare nozzles. Apparently the stock nozzle will not work for the new hot end.
V2 max with the HE280 hotend
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

More whips are added to inventory now. And you are correct Penged, the HE280 nozzles are different, and will be on the website soon!

Thanks guys!
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Thanks John for selling the board alone.
I will be buying it one of these days.
Martín S.
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

Are there any pictures with the heat sink fan mounted? Just trying to get a visual with the fuse in the heat sink, how it's all fitting together.
U.S. Water Rockets
Printmaster!

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

I'm tempted to get one ASAP, but would also be interested in the rumored V2->V3 Upgrade kit. In that case, if I get the HE280 now, then I wouldn't need one with the upgrade kit, and I'd end up with 2 HE280's. Would the upgrade break out the various parts so I could get the HE280 right now and then not get it later with the upgrade?
U.S. Water Rockets
Printmaster!

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

Also, what effectors are compatible with the HE280? I just ordered a 713maker aluminum effector. Would that work? How do all the fans mount?
knabo
Printmaster!

Post by knabo »

What is the advantage of the hovercraft style cooling fans? Are they better than ducted fans? More efficient at cooling?
Toyguy
Printmaster!

Post by Toyguy »

Anyone know if this new hotend will work with the original Rostock Max configured with Trick Laser arms?

Dave
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Not quite yet. That will likely have to wait on the adapters for the trick laser arms to ball cup in three weeks. See here You could potentially kludge something together and attach the HE280 to the old style platform (I'm not sure if it would fit, and the cooling fans probably wouldn't), and then to the tricklaser arms.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Toyguy wrote:Anyone know if this new hotend will work with the original Rostock Max configured with Trick Laser arms?

Dave
Here are instructions on how to assemble the new hotend: http://seemecnc.dozuki.com/Guide/Step+1 ... ssembly/45

They had said it would be backward compatible with older models, so there should be no problem with using the tricklaser arms, as long as you are still using an effector plate that the stock hotend would mount to.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thank you Mac the Knife for posting the link to the new hotend assembly.
Thanks to Geneb for creating the instructions, great job!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

U.S. Water Rockets wrote:Also, what effectors are compatible with the HE280? I just ordered a 713maker aluminum effector. Would that work? How do all the fans mount?
When I spoke with Steve and the SeemeCNC crew in Detroit at the Maker Faire, they mentioned sending a V3 our way so we could work on new products and make sure we put out adaptors for the new board and such to fit our effectors and mounts. I know the guys are slammed, as we have been also on another large project. I found some CAD files for the new board on their site and I plan to have a look at them this week so see what we can come up with. I think the new lockring for the probe board will be rather easy, I just have to sit down with it for a few minutes and knock something out for it. I have not had a chance to chase down the new fan mount and I do see it uses screws in the inner are of the effector which we removed to make space for larger hot ends on our effector. I will look hard at a new system for the stock cooling fans and also at mounting the stock hot end to our effectors shortly.

Sorry I have not been around much of late, we are working in a full metal conversion kit for another large printer and it has been a very time consuming project to say the least. Thankfully the design portion is wrapping up and moving to production now, so we can focus once again on the SeemeCNC products.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
NR0X
Plasticator

Post by NR0X »

U.S. Water Rockets wrote:I'm tempted to get one ASAP, but would also be interested in the rumored V2->V3 Upgrade kit. In that case, if I get the HE280 now, then I wouldn't need one with the upgrade kit, and I'd end up with 2 HE280's. Would the upgrade break out the various parts so I could get the HE280 right now and then not get it later with the upgrade?

I have the same question.
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

The RMAX v3 major components will all be sold separately. So the frame kit will not include any electronics or hot end.

The RMAX v3 frame kit will cost $269. We'll run a temporary sale for existing customers who want to upgrade. This includes all hardware to assemble the top and bottom frames. Includes all hi strength injection mold parts and new molded spool holder. Also includes hardware to mount all electronic components we currently offer (ue hardware for mounting RAMBo and RaspPi). A v3 frame kit will not include t-slot rails and no wiring and no electronics of any kind.

You should get the rev8 heated bed. Although, staying true to backward compatibility, you could use your rev7. The difference is the thickness. The rev8 is 1mm thick. The bed is not bolted down and floats. This allows thermal expansion and eliminates any warping to the glass build surface. The 3mm boro glass easily overcomes any warping during heating of the rev8 bed. You should also know not to over tighten the blue bed clamps, so you avoid flexing the glass build surface, so it's kept as flat as possible.

My crew & I are in New York for the World Maker Faire this week, so apologies for some delay getting this listed.

Thank you!
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Since 1996

Return to “General Announcments”