Great cause needs helps

General info from SeeMeCNC HQ
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Great cause needs helps

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey guys. Please go check out this campaign on indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/3d-p ... eds-makers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm contacting then to see how else I can help them out, this one hits home for me as I have lost family to MD. It'd be really cool to see our community help out such a great cause too.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Re: Great cause needs helps

Post by Chrissi »

Very cool applications for this tech.
My last employed position before went out on my own was designing systems for quadriplegics incorporating a 9 button wireless keypad in an upper dental retainer. Gave them a great deal of independence. They could control their world, operate a computer and communicate on a cell phone, drive their chair all through nested menus of 9 characters.
These people are no different than you and I, they just need the tools to enable them to overcome whatever their disability is.
Everybody, please give if you are able to.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Chrissi, in some ways they're better. We take a lot for granted sometimes. :-)
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Looking for the LIKE button =)
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Chrissi wrote:Looking for the LIKE button =)
It's right beside the LOVE button.
A cause like this deserves more than just like, let's step it up to Love.
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

When I was working on enabling systems for quads, many of them were formerly very active people, some hyperactive or daredevils doing X-games type stuff, or on 3 wheelers, quad runners and other activity related stuff causing injuries in the higher cervical area leaving them at minimum without the use of arms and legs. It is one thing being born with a disability, I think adaptation is part of the growing process. I cannot imagine the mental shift of relatively young people who were in one moment extremely active and the next recovering from their injuries to find life is not going to go according to plan. I worked with a few and they amazed me.
Today we have the same issues -plus- returning vets with their own issues.
I think by now everybody has seen the kid whose dad printed him a mechanical hand. We cannot help but feel there is something in this technology that is going to make a big difference.
Even just the curb hopping wheelchair ramps the one guy did. I used to configure those types of chairs with our control system and let me tell you that they weigh a lot more than a couple of people can pick up and help over a curb, add a person to the chair that is unable to assist you and it is a struggle.
The Rostock MAX is perfect for this type of thing due to it's build volume it can do something useful.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Chrissi wrote:When I was working on enabling systems for quads, many of them were formerly very active people, some hyperactive or daredevils doing X-games type stuff, or on 3 wheelers, quad runners and other activity related stuff causing injuries in the higher cervical area leaving them at minimum without the use of arms and legs. It is one thing being born with a disability, I think adaptation is part of the growing process. I cannot imagine the mental shift of relatively young people who were in one moment extremely active and the next recovering from their injuries to find life is not going to go according to plan. I worked with a few and they amazed me.
Today we have the same issues -plus- returning vets with their own issues.
I think by now everybody has seen the kid whose dad printed him a mechanical hand. We cannot help but feel there is something in this technology that is going to make a big difference.
Even just the curb hopping wheelchair ramps the one guy did. I used to configure those types of chairs with our control system and let me tell you that they weigh a lot more than a couple of people can pick up and help over a curb, add a person to the chair that is unable to assist you and it is a struggle.
The Rostock MAX is perfect for this type of thing due to it's build volume it can do something useful.
I saw the 3D printed hand on Thingiverse and I was absolutely amazed. I do hope this technology can lead to something good for all people but if that is not to be we already know
that the technology can help the handicapped.

Return to “General Announcments”