h-1 help

All about the retired, first generation H-1 3D printers
martinezfrank95
Plasticator

h-1 help

Post by martinezfrank95 »

help i bought a h-1 printer use put it together it came with 4 axis controller 3 motors 2 velleman one heated bed can someone tell me if the 4 axis is going to work. or is there something better out there that i can use in in its place. somethimng that i can plug in to a usb port instead of a printer port
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: h-1 help

Post by Eaglezsoar »

martinezfrank95 wrote:help i bought a h-1 printer use put it together it came with 4 axis controller 3 motors 2 velleman one heated bed can someone tell me if the 4 axis is going to work. or is there something better out there that i can use in in its place. somethimng that i can plug in to a usb port instead of a printer port
Contact [email protected]
Fiero2M6
Printmaster!

Post by Fiero2M6 »

martinezfrank95 wrote:help i bought a h-1 printer use put it together it came with 4 axis controller 3 motors 2 velleman one heated bed can someone tell me if the 4 axis is going to work. or is there something better out there that i can use in in its place. somethimng that i can plug in to a usb port instead of a printer port
The 4-axis controller will only work with a Mach3 or LinuxCNC. It must interface with the software using a parallel port. You can buy USB adapaters for ~$150, but they are not worth it for 3-D printing. It would be cheaper to just use conventional Reprap electronics (http://reprap.org/wiki/List_of_electronics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) instead of buying the USB adapter.

Bottom line is that you can use the Mach3 with the Velleman thermostats if you have a computer with a parrallel port. Otherwise, you should buy conventional Reprap electronics.
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Yes the 4axis works great with mach 3 and both vellemans, you operate the vell'S manually 1 to controll the hotbed and other the tip
I run 2 H1 and 1 delta any? I will be glad to help out

Return to “H-1 3D Printers”