Repetier firmware for Rambo with H1?

All about the retired, first generation H-1 3D printers
awander
Prints-a-lot

Repetier firmware for Rambo with H1?

Post by awander »

Does anyone have firmware for using a Rambo with the H1 and Repetier? I can;t find it anywhere.

Andy
Andy Wander
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Repetier firmware for Rambo with H1?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I'd use the firmware builder on the Repetier website. I think the H1's used a different control board.

There might be Marlin? But Repetier wasn't "factory fill" until after I bought my Rostock in early 2013.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

What he said. I don't think Rambo boards were available during the sales lifetime of the H1. H1 kits could be ordered with or without electronics. As I recall, the electronics choices from SeeMe were the TB6560 parallel port board (typically used with Mach3 software, which was also an add-on option) or Ramps 1.4/Drivers/Arduino Mega package.

The Rambo is essentially an all-on-one-board version of Ramps with minor differences, plus extra features like digipots on the driver chips.

We could probably find an OLD version of Repetier compiled for Ramps, but you'd still have to recompile it for Rambo, using an older version of the Arduino compiler to make it work. You're probably better off doing what Jim suggested and starting from scratch with a current version. The H1 is a typical cartesian printer, so you should be able to use any of the firmware options out there.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Thanks, guys, I'll work it out using your suggestions.

Is there a published spec on the actual parameters(steps/mm) for teh H-1 that you know of?
Andy Wander

Return to “H-1 3D Printers”