Anyone using OctoPi with Rostock MAX?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
itilguru
Plasticator

Anyone using OctoPi with Rostock MAX?

Post by itilguru »

I've been trying to get this working, but it runs into trouble with an error "expected line 2 got 1", and then the line numbers just keep incrementing. It does sort of work, but there are so many errors I don't trust it. I've posted for help on their forums, but I thought id ask if anyone here has done it yet.

Specs: using latest Octopi rc1 on wheezy. Repetier firmware 0.90c on Rambo v1.0 board. Rostock MAX printer with EZstruder and Onyx bed. Steppers are 0.9degree. Printer working great with Repetier host on a Windows PC. Octopi server working great too, even streaming video just fine. My only error is the one listed above - otherwise it's functional.
daftscience
Printmaster!

Re: Anyone using OctoPi with Rostock MAX?

Post by daftscience »

I have gotten it working and I have also had that problem. My theory is that it's my LCD control panel. I still have mine on and have gotten it working.

A few things to try:

1. Try different baud rates. I find 57600 works best.
2. Check your cable. A lot of people say that shorter = better. In my case that wasn't true, I have one with two ferrite beads, one on each end, that is fairly long. It also works better than my shorter cables.
3. In the settings make sure to check off the repetier settings. At this point I am not sure if they are needed but it can't hurt.

Good luck.
itilguru
Plasticator

Post by itilguru »

daftscience wrote:I have gotten it working and I have also had that problem. My theory is that it's my LCD control panel. I still have mine on and have gotten it working.

A few things to try:

1. Try different baud rates. I find 57600 works best.
2. Check your cable. A lot of people say that shorter = better. In my case that wasn't true, I have one with two ferrite beads, one on each end, that is fairly long. It also works better than my shorter cables.
3. In the settings make sure to check off the repetier settings. At this point I am not sure if they are needed but it can't hurt.

Good luck.
I don't use an LCD panel, so that's not the only problem.

I did find a tree in the main Octoprint code that added a new parameter "resetLineNumbersWithPrefixedN", and someone with a Rostock said it worked for him. But, it looks like that parameter was added 5 months ago and then dropped. It's not in the latest code. I've asked to have it put back.

I have the Repetier setting on. It does sort of work, but too slow to trust. I was hoping it was just me. Anyone else?
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

Had it going, but can't remember, looked for the SD but can find it...no help but good luck.

Did you look at the other posts here about it?
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
daftscience
Printmaster!

Post by daftscience »

I spent a lot of time working with Foosel on this. And I have it working right now with the current version. I'm going to bet the issue is communication errors that can be fixed either with a baudrate change or better cable.

The only baudrate that works for me is 57600. Another reason this was a tricky issue was that I never got comm errors when plugged into the PC. Maybe it has something to do with the Pi and grounding?
daftscience
Printmaster!

Post by daftscience »

Also, try "Wait for start on connect." I found that OctoPrint would start sending a bunch of M105's before Reptetier had fully started.
replicant
Plasticator

Post by replicant »

daftscience wrote:Also, try "Wait for start on connect." I found that OctoPrint would start sending a bunch of M105's before Reptetier had fully started.
Daftscience,

Still using Octoprint? If so, what x/y/z movement speed settings did you use? Have you had success with octoprint on your romax?
daftscience
Printmaster!

Post by daftscience »

I'm using it exclusively.

Code: Select all

XY = 6000  
Z = 50 0
Extruder  = 150
The only value I've played with is extruder speed.

Return to “Rostock MAX”