E3D V6 repetier 0.91

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

E3D V6 repetier 0.91

Post by mcbride19 »

Well i've just finished the assembly of the e3d v6 , i used arduino to change the repetier line to :
#define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 8 instead of #define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 97

I'm turning on the printer and on the LCD screen I can read NOZ : 1000.0 then it becomes NOZ: def

I've just try with the original head and it's ok ??? it's seems that there is a problem with the thermistor. I've changed it for another one that I had and it's still the same problem !!! someone have a clue on what's happening ???
Last edited by mcbride19 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
heathenx
Printmaster!

Re: E3D V6 repetier 0.91

Post by heathenx »

Had the same problem when I installed mine for the first time. Those tiny thermistor wires are ridiculously small. I broke one, installed a new one (I ordered a half dozen more for backups) and it worked there after. Have you tried a continuity test on the thermistor to be sure it isn't broken somewhere?
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

Post by mcbride19 »

well I tried to connect the original head but keeping the ed3 v6 thermistors connected and .... it works !!!

I don't understand what's hapenning, I tried another heater cartridge(I bought 5 or 6 for jhead for my solidoodle printer), so a brand new, and there is the same problem.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Wasn't aware that there was a different thermistor table in the firmware for the E3D... Thanks for the tip!
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

Post by mcbride19 »

yes this line is made for the 104-GT2 thermoistor (at least the model that is included with the original rostock max head)

#define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 8

and the default line in the repetier firmware is:

#define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 97
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

Post by mcbride19 »

Ok i've spend all the night but I found what was wrong, it was a little bit vicious....

The original heater male connector had a pin 1 mm shorter than the other, but the female connector connected well, the new connectors that I put on the new heater was "normal" so it did not connect to the shorter pin.

After testing all the connectors(connected and, after, unconnected) I found what was wrong.

So for all the users, if something is wrong, always verify your connectors.
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

Ah, great!

I bought about 50 jst male/female connectors with pigtails off of ebay (china) and I've found about 4 now that do not work. I had a similar issue once where I couldn't figure out what was wrong with a connection and it turned out being one of those jst's. I check them now before I use them.
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

Post by mcbride19 »

Yeah. It's strange, 3d printing is now growing fast and there is still nothing that have been done for the connectors, each one use what he found.

It could be a good thing if a company will create standard connectors for 3d printers !!
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

It's a far too personalized, hobbiest based, international community for standards to be agreed upon and adhered to by the DIY community at large.

Hell the world can't even agree on metric or imperial measurement systems.

Coke and pepsi.

3mm or 1.75mm

110v/60Hrz or 220v/50Hrz.

NTSC or PAL.

ETC.... LOL
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
mcbride19
Prints-a-lot

Post by mcbride19 »

Sometimes it happens !

but of course you're right ...