FSR smoothie auto calibration 1st layer woes

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
travelnaut
Plasticator

FSR smoothie auto calibration 1st layer woes

Post by travelnaut »

Running a smoothie board with pilot626's firmware and FSR's and I cant get the first layer to print correctly.. the head is always touching the glass!

I have calibrated hot and cold... cold gives great repeatability but once it heats up the head is on the glass.
Hot goes through the routine and gives average repeatability, but the head is still touching the glass even though it resets Z

at my witts end. I have to be doing something wrong, but its not jumping out at me

before I printed the FSR pucks I was printing to a cold bed with the FSR's under the glass and it was awesome! now with heated bed and pucks I cant seems to make it work..

is the head bed to heavy for the fsr's
travelnaut
Plasticator

Re: FSR smoothie auto calibration 1st layer woes

Post by travelnaut »

I figured out it was the heated bed causing the issues... I was able to get a good calibration with only the head heated up after I took everything apart and put it back together.

Now I have something else going on.. layers are shifting around during the print < see attached>

any ideas on that?
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: FSR smoothie auto calibration 1st layer woes

Post by Jimustanguitar »

travelnaut wrote: Now I have something else going on.. layers are shifting around during the print
Make sure that your u-joints are lubed and don't have any spots where they stick or snag.

Return to “Rostock MAX”